My car is very whooshy

Fabpreza

My other half drove our Octavia the other day and she says its very' whooshy' (1.8T 4x4, 165k) - she doesn't drive it very often. She's right!

It's when you have any sort of lift from the throttle or even moderate it - I thought it was recirc/DV but had already had the OEM one put back on.

The vac pipes *seem* ok and its still performing fine with no warning lights.

Any ideas ?

I'll probably book it into Unit 18 in MK after Christmas to have a look but wondering if there's anything obvious I can check ?

(Still amazed how well its going to be honest)

"I'll probably book it into Unit 18 in MK after Christmas to have a look but wondering if there's anything obvious I can check ?"

Good idea buddy,

Id check all hose clips / pressure hoses from turbo onwards to throttle body, also look for any dings on intercooler from stone impact, and check for any manifold leaks (inlet or exhaust). I guess it could also be a exhaust related leak (midway to rear).

Alistair is a top guy, he found a boost leak when he did my timing belt recently, highly recommended.

• 1 month later...