Vrs fog lights

The use of the fog light is to help light-up the edge of the road in severe weather conditions - where visibility is greatly redduced.

The installation of "pure white" or LED bulbs will result in a decrease in effectiveness as the light will reflect off the fog and cause glare.

As severe weather is the only situation where you will be using front fog-lights, nobody is going to be able to see nor give a damn that they look "a bit pants" - leave them as they are.

• Like 2

The use of the fog light is to help light-up the edge of the road in severe weather conditions - where visibility is greatly redduced.

The installation of "pure white" or LED bulbs will result in a decrease in effectiveness as the light will reflect off the fog and cause glare.

As severe weather is the only situation where you will be using front fog-lights, nobody is going to be able to see nor give a damn that they look "a bit pants" - leave them as they are.

Ok well I'm fully aware of when I can use my fog lights and tbh I don't use them.

It's more to do with the cornering function.

No, but lots have asked though.

The last post is always along the line of "you'll have to be the first", and then the thread dies :D

Only question I ask is can they it do they need to be coded? Will the can bus monitor the fogs?

Yes CANBUS monitors the front fogs.

Yes replacing the standard fog light clusters with the OEM DRL clusters will flag a blown-bulb warning.

It is likely you'll need to fit resistors.

So what LEDs bulbs are the right ones?

Also how do you get to the back of the lamps?

I believe you pull away the plastic trim around the fog and access the light that way.

Led bulbs will flag a bulb failure on the dash and I don't think you can code it out..