Hi all im new to the skoda family and i have had my car for just over a month but i had my car read with a fault code reader wen i had a problem with a abs sensor and the car also flaged up the following fault.

01309 : Power Steering Control Module (J500) : Sporadic 008- Implausible Signal

Now iv had it back to the car sales i bought it from they have told me 

First time : No Fault Found with the steering no code was there.

Second Time : No Fault Found but we have reset the Steering Angle Sensor.

But Both times iv had it put on a dignostic machine the very next day and the fault has been there.  

Any ideas what it is thats at fault, Now and again the streering goes heavy im stuck on what to do next.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for dragging up an old-ish thread, but has anyone been able to solve this, and if so, what was the fix?

I read that it could be incorrectly configured settings, but I don't want to go adjusting settings without knowing what they should be.

I have seen this error on a car and it doesn't clear - it's the only error logged, no dash lights, and power steering seems to be fine.

Cheers :)