MPG massive improved with the winter tyres!

Super stickys create internal heat by tyre hysteresis and therefore a stick summer would logically have a much higher rolling resistence than an winter and it would be interesting to see the EU fuel rating on each tyre.

I have got well over 50 mpg (about 55 I reckon on the fill to fill and drving near the motorway limit) on some runs in my Fabia 2 VRS but it is sedate drving and the temptation is there to give it max occasinally.

What we need is the engines with the Cylinder de-activation ie a hot 1.4 ACT or the 1.8TSI which the new one for the Superb has 265 hp but is still good eco-wise and some bigger wheels than 205/215 for the Mk 3 Fabia VRS or Rapid VRS or whatever Skoda might do or they will lose us to other marques.    

• Like 1

VW only managed to develop the 'Cylinder Deactivation / Cylinder on demand'  & Turbo on demand,

after the experience with the 1.4 tsi and finding that Twinchargers had 1 Cylinder Deactivating without the Drivers knowledge.

Interesting the 2 Cylinders on the newer ACT / COD engines that shut down are the ones that caused issues on the 1.4tsi for the years 

up to the launch of the new system.

It will be interesting to see the Service Schedule / Guidelines for Replacing the 4 spark plugs on 150ps ACT /COD on these engines, do all 4 need doing at 40,000 miles, and never checked before this.

Not a serious post here,

but i have given it thought as to what the Service Desk staff at Dealers might say if a customer reports they have had flashing warning lights and there is Rough Startup & misfires.

Edited by goneoffSKi