Fabia boot light

pulse

IMO you should DIY it with a tilt switch. The OEM one tends to fail or go "dicky" after several years. And requires the tailgate and lock mech stripping down to expose it for repair, replacement and/or immolation. :)  A simple fused circuit with the switch and a couple of generic LED lamps will do a better job IMO.

Thanks for the offer tmb ;)

Tbh I'm looking at trying to do a toggle switch on the trim which will close when the boot is shut (as you're right, my current boot switch doesn't work). The extra light is to put the other side of the boot.

That was an option, but I know I'd (the Mrs!) forget to turn it off one day.. Then I bought some push to break switches I was going to mount in the lower trim so the lid pushed it when closed, but didn't know how long that'd last with chucking 2 dogs in and out the boot. Then I thought about the toggle switch. But I've now ordered some tilt switches too lol so one way or another I'll be getting some mother fukin illumination in my boot lol.

Is that switch on the live or negative?

As my uncle reckons the existing light in there atm would have a permanent live feed and the switch would be on the negative. So when I get 5, I'm going to make a new earth and wire it to the light, see if he's right.

Is that switch on the live or negative?

As my uncle reckons the existing light in there atm would have a permanent live feed and the switch would be on the negative. So when I get 5, I'm going to make a new earth and wire it to the light, see if he's right.

Yes the light has a live feed and the switch just earths it. The red and black wire at the light is the live.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted. Tilt switch works a treat. Just a PITA trying to feed the wires into the boot. Then took me forever to find out why they'd stopped working- removed all the trim again, checked connections, re-soldered them, THEN thought to check the fuse, ooops.

20141229_100919_zps9cr6pc3w.jpg

20141229_100915_zpsthpdu1ax.jpg

Actually part of the boot lock apparently. Put a new earth to the light with a tilt switch, you can get them off eBay for pennies. Works a charm.

Yeah might have to.

How hard were the wires to feed through the grommet?

Happily for me, mine has decided to work for the Christmas period.... After having NOT worked for the previous 3 months,

Mr Pulse, got any refs for those switches?

Anyone gone mad with rigid strip lights or similar?

<hint> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-8x-50CM-36-LED-5630-SMD-9W-Aluminum-Shell-Rigid-Hard-Strip-Bar-Light-Lamp-UK-/331277370669?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Night_Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item4d21ab852d

J.

EBay number 281422725500

They're from China though so find a UK seller if you're in a rush.

I put that other boot light from tmb the other side and lights up the boot quite nicely now.

Slightly off topic... Did you get the Fabia repaired all okay in the end mate?