Goodbye to the Yeti section

Kenny R

Following a few comments from folk on here, who can't even put their hand in their pockets and contribute to this site, but don't want any banter or fun in any posts I have decided to refrain from posting here. I've been here since 2006 and will still remain in the rest of the forum but as of today I won't be making any more posts in the Yeti section. So it goodbye from me, I'm off to join Bob.

Following a few comments from folk on here, who can't even put their hand in their pockets and contribute to this site, but don't want any banter or fun in any posts I have decided to refrain from posting here. I've been here since 2006 and will still remain in the rest of the forum but as of today I won't be making any more posts in the Yeti section. So it goodbye from me, I'm off to join Bob.

Crikey!

Hey kenny, you're a paying longstanding member........................dig ya heels in buddy, you've earned your right to ALL sections of the WHOLE site :bearhug: 

• Like 1

Posted Today, 20:10

Kenny,if you think you have not been pc why don't you just apologise ,I've seen more posts on here from others which I have found more offensive to others and they don't bat an eye and neither do the moderators, I think it would be a shame to lose your input over something so petty we can't all be pc all the time,this forum appears to be shrinking as it is.

Kenny deciding not to post anymore is doing no one any favours and will deprive you of some good forum friends and useful input you have offered others.

It's his third post saying "this is my last post" so this looks like a flounce to me, not a bona fide departure. People who leave just leave; this sort of thread is just an attempt to stir up drama.

We'll all have forgotten whatever this is about in a week anyway. :D

• Like 3

Not just bob that departed - unless I'm missing something MarieK has been very quiet for some time now. Someone else that brought a lot of value to the forum.

• Like 2

What is it about, out of curiosity. Nothing obvious on the Yeti forum.

Far as I can tell it's about the indicator volume thread, though no-one was particularly mean to anyone else in there.

Maybe it's just set something off; it is a stressful time of year for a lot of people after all.

Time for me to have a nap.

I rarely visit now. Having sold my Yeti 18 months ago. My freedom membership is due to lapse soon as well.

This section of Briskoda lost its appeal a long time ago for me. Many of the early adopters have moved on for what ever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rarely visit now. Having sold my Yeti 18 months ago. My freedom membership is due to lapse soon as well.

This section of Briskoda lost its appeal a long time ago for me. Many of the early adopters have moved on for what ever reason.

I'm still here  :D  :D  :D  :D

Also still keeping an eye on the old section, despite now being in a 2wd Spaceback following the bad move to an Octy III :S

TP

Hope the new wheels are keeping you moving in the snow, and are better on the back than the Octy. 

Hope the new wheels are keeping you moving in the snow, and are better on the back than the Octy. 

Hi Kevin,

yet to experience snow in the Spaceback and not looking forward to its arrival either with being down to 2wd. However winters are on and I went for the approved skinny tyre option in 185/60 R15, which on a warm day makes the car feel a little floaty but the grip from the chosen Uniroyal MS77 tyres is excellent in all conditions experienced so far. So much so the Uniroyals are regularly pulling up stones from a section of road surface dressed in the summer. Obviously the work must have been to a shoddy standard and its not doing the paint much good but impressive grip none the less :S

Comfort wise, then a huge improvement over the Octy III and even the Yeti. Still get a bit of trouble now and then but maybe I'm still recovering from the dire ergonomics of the previous car. Also enjoying the drive of the Spaceback despite 2wd, it feels much better than any Octy I've tried, despite it's supposed 'Heinz 57' chassis; wouldn't hesitate recommending a Spaceback to anyone.

Anyway hope you have a great Christmas and New Year,

Tim.

• Like 3

Hi Tim

Good to hear you are you are pleased with the Spaceback, and its proving to be a good choice,  maybe the narrower tyres will cut through the snow to give you a good bite on the road.  Remember the days gone by before the wide tyres and winter tyres we seamed to get through OK :D

Still enjoying my Yeti,  no changing of wheels all seasons fit the bill in this part of the world  :clap: ,  and they wear very well, never worn a set out just change the Yeti instead  :D,  current one is one year old now not getting the urge to change it yet  :wonder:.  .hope they don't go and change it to much by the time I start to think about changing it in another two years.

Have a good Christmas and a wonderful 2015

Kevin 

• Like 1

This section of Briskoda lost its appeal a long time ago for me. Many of the early adopters have moved on for what ever reason.....

As a sort of 'Second Generation' Yetiist (2012), I'm sometimes prompted to check the Members list to see when Whatsisname or Thingummy was last around.  It was those early members, like you Mike, whose enthusiasm for the Yeti was contagious and brought me, and probably others, to the car and to this forum.  Personally, I miss those 'Names' but the continued posts (however infrequent) of those who remain are some reassurance that I made the right choice.  I hope my generation can carry that spirit on, given the patience and a bit of wisdom to read what we write as others might read it, and read what others write as what they actually meant

Read that last bit again - it does sort of make sense.... 

:S

• Like 3

As a sort of 'Second Generation' Yetiist (2012), I'm sometimes prompted to check the Members list to see when Whatsisname or Thingummy was last around. It was those early members, like you Mike, whose enthusiasm for the Yeti was contagious and brought me, and probably others, to the car and to this forum. Personally, I miss those 'Names' but the continued posts (however infrequent) of those who remain are some reassurance that I made the right choice. I hope my generation can carry that spirit on, given the patience and a bit of wisdom to read what we write as others might read it, and read what others write as what they actually meant.

Read that last bit again - it does sort of make sense....

:S

Thanks Brijo

I have only praise for Skoda's first SUV. It was an awesome little car. Greater than the sum of its parts. Much underrated because of the Skoda badge.

My reasons for moving on are well documented.

• Like 1

I have been on here from early 2011, at that time I found the section a very helpful source of information / help. Lately the helpfulness seems to me to be in decline, possibly because for the most part I have sorted all my probs with my car(the 2nd one). However there seems now to be a rather opinionated group of contributors on here who would seem to want everyone to conform to their view, life isn't like that, not in my experience anyway!! I cite the treatment of Darrell GB everyone seemed to want to attack him, he was a bit in yer face I must admit but he is not a member of the 'grey brigade' and possibly his posts were trying to improve the look / performance of his car beyond that expected by most owners - maybe he was a little guilty in not explaining his motive, and I must admit to being a little negative initially but quickly 'saw the light' of his questions etc

I also have thought of 'moving on' but decided against it for the time being.

Bonne fetes a tous et bonne annee(when it arrives)

• Like 3

I find the Yeti forum great fun and I love the prickly acerbic comments that some contributors make. I think Yeti Owners are people who have been round the block and in my life I have never been held up by a slow moving Yeti in front of me... :|

• Like 1