PURCHASED! skoda vrs RED! service history log

hey gang just managed to grab a 36k skoda fabia vrs mk2 1 previous owner in red at £8000 cash 2012 cave engine skoda warranty until september 2015 was looking over all the services until 36k and at 15 i noticed this so it looks like in 15,000 miles its used 7 litres of oil i asked about the dsg recall and skoda uk checked there system and told me my cave was not in the dsg recall band yet i noticed this on the log report,  it looks like skoda uk keep trying to palm me off what do you all think made sure skoda LOGGED my oil consumption concern in there records not having any messing from a company who keep trying to hide a engine issue ill fight the system if it comes to it! i no all of briskoda will have my back if it comes down to it! 

post-121508-0-84740300-1419017068_thumb.jpg

post-121508-0-42971500-1419017046_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Unreal that someone has committed in writing that this is normal oil use for these engines.

& the gearbox rattle is normal.

Only normal on ones that are not right,

and thats VW / Skodas fault.

PS.

Skoda never did a Recall, only a 'Service Campaign',  but they never published which ones require it 

or not,  you need to trust to their system saying which between 2010 require the Synthetic Oil changed 

& the ECU update on the DSG ECU.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Get everything in writing - don't rely on phone calls, with  Skoda UKCS or dealer

Process and procedure to get a new CTHE spec replacement.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced/

Edited by vrskeith

i will be checking oil periodically this was the first service , another two services were carried out after that with no mention of oil usage or anything what are we saying fellas bad engine or just running in ? 

Chat with previous owner?

What i am saying is,

the things said by Dealership employees as Normal are why so many of the 1,800 cars with CAVE engines never had the Warranty Work carried out,

they tried to hold to 0.5 litres in 1000 km as the acceptable oil use.

You have the Warranty, so many engines did reduce oil use over time.

So do not Overfill with oil,  and monitor how much oil is used.

Please do a 'Cold Dip' tomorrow,  on the Flat, stone cold engine.

& let us know where the Oil is on the Dipstick.

If it has 3.6 litres in,

it should be above the top of the Cross Hatch tomorrow morning.

thats the next step keith just wondering if these engines tend to use more oil when bedding in ? i mean i don't see a mention of anything after that 

Both my old 2010 CAVE and my partner 2011 CAVE never used near to that amount over the first 20000 miles .In my opinion it will get worse. .

When I sold mine at 28000 ,mine was border line, my partners - new engine at 43000

However, happy to be corrected!

If you have driven it and its good,

then worth the risk due to the price and the Warranty, (ie you might get a new engine soon.)

Why i suggested in the other thread that you ask a Twincharger owner (Briskoda Member) to go with you,

to see how the car goes, and DSG noise / Rattle or whatever.

Hopefully it is fine.

So before you take the car away.

If it is sitting with a Cold Engine,

you want to dip the Oil, and see it is Below the Top Orange Marker.

Has the car had New Spark Plugs, 

or are you going to have to pay some Silly Asking Price from the Dealer like £100 plus in a few thousand miles?

WHAT TYRES ARE ON THE CAR, 4 matching all around,

or different pairs, (Brands) front and rear?

Edited by goneoffSKi

Hi congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to a rare breed of Fabia vRS owners  who must have the best 'value for money' performance cars on the road today ...Yes,there are good ones and bad ones but try not to get too engrossed in all the problems or it will take away all the fun you should be having. You're warranted til September 2015 so that's good news so just keep an eye on things for a while,log every phone call,get things in writing and more importantly enjoy this little car!

If you have driven it and its good,

then worth the risk due to the price and the Warranty, (ie you might get a new engine soon.)

Why i suggested in the other thread that you ask a Twincharger owner (Briskoda Member) to go with you,

to see how the car goes, and DSG noise / Rattle or whatever.

Hopefully it is fine.

So before you take the car away.

If it is sitting with a Cold Engine,

you want to dip the Oil, and see it is Below the Top Orange Marker.

Has the car had New Spark Plugs, 

or are you going to have to pay some Silly Asking Price from the Dealer like £100 plus in a few thousand miles?

WHAT TYRES ARE ON THE CAR, 4 matching all around,

or different pairs, (Brands) front and rear?

Hi goneoffski, you do seem to be the most knowledgeable about the oil issues so would appreciate your opinion. I had a cave engine that I didn't have to top up once in 3 years. I now have had a cthe with 23000 miles and just about used 4 litres of top up oil. For the extra performance of the cthe engine and I am certain it's more powerful than the last, I think the oil use is pretty reasonable considering.

However, I had my car serviced at 20000 miles. My oil was replaced. My oil light came on at 22500 miles. Can you give me your opinion on this, I already know what skoda have said but value yours,is this acceptable oil use with this mileage?( ie 2500 miles to oil warning light) The oil level is below/at  the lowest point on the dipstick,so how much oil is needed to take up to the top of cross hatch?

Many thanks bingo

Edited by bingo765

The thing is,  did you check the Invoice for the Oil they used,  VW504 00,  Full Synthetic 5w 30.

Then when you collected the car did you check that it showed the correct amount of oil in.?

Not showing too high on a Cold Dip,

Then showing the correct amount when you got home, or after a run & a Hot Dip.

The issue on many cars has been Serviced Cars having the wrong amount of oil in from the Service.

the Engine takes 3.6 litres.

Some cars can be lower by 1.2 or more litres before a Warning Light Flashes,  Stays on, or a 'Low Oil Warning message shows'.

Some need as much as 1.5 litres to get the Oil back up to 3.6 litres.

So basically you need to know there is the correct amount of Oil in when someone else services the car.

3.6 litres,  

Not Less, & most certainly not too much,.   like 3.9 or 4 litres that has been put in on occasions by 'Factory Trained Technicians'.

2,250 miles & the Oil light coming on & if that is wrong depends on how much oil you had 

to put in then, to have it back up to the correct level,

& if it started out at 20,000 miles with the correct level in.

Worth checking your oil every 4 tanks of fuel usually,

& ALWAYS CHECK THE OIL LEVEL AFTER SOMEONE ELSE CHECKS OR TOPS UP,

so that you know where it shows on a cold dip.

??

So how much Oil went in at 20,250 miles,

& how much since.?

A litre or so required ever 1,500 -2,000 miles would be OK with me, on as you say a car with some performance.

Edited by goneoffSKi

You are unlikely to have a Flashing Low oil light at the bottom of the Cross Hatch area. 'Area B'.

You maybe not even with the Oil at the bottom orange ball,

which is 1/3 of the Oil capacity low.  ie 1.2 litres used up.

So you need to go buy what actually happens with your car.

When the Low Oil light flashes,  or stays on, or a 'Low oil' message comes up.

Its been talked about from the CAVE times

& things are the same with the CTHE.    Sensors, or warning lights or messages,

(The same dipstick is used with engines from other oil capacities, eg 3.6,  3.8. 4.2 litres )

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/230124-low-oil-warning

see post #30  & maybe #68

This is not unusual, as Tom Jones sang.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Thanks for the reply. I get what you're saying.According to my invoice I was billed for £3.50 worth of oil so my mistake,it wasn't completely changed,just topped up. I think I need to drain the oil completely myself and fill it exactly with 3.6 litres. Then there can be no doubt of the starting point. Only then can I get to the bottom of this. Cheers merry XmasB-)

Could you maybe explain.

Is your car on Variable Servicing ,  & when has it had Oil & Filter Changes?

or was it changed to 'Fixed Servicing' & @ 9,400 miles (10,000) or in 372 days?