Clutches, couple of questions

Righty ho, firstly my car is quite young mileage wise (72k) but with it having a performance map and a fair bit of torque (approx 220/350nms) I'm wondering how the clutch will cope and how long I can realistically expect it to last. I don't drive particularly enthusiastically, bit of fun now and again but generally use the power when I need it. The car is going ok with it, no causes for concern although an exhaust upgrade and fmic may be on the cards...anyway, getting a little off point now, so;

Are you still running the stock clutch and at what power output?

How long has it lasted so far?

What would be a good, solid upgrade for a tight budget?

My car is in good nick, should I be worried about my clutches lifespan?

Any advice greatly appreciated as ever

If you continue to drive it normally and not regularly thrash it off the line, it should last for ages.

My last one was remapped to 222bhp (custom remap, rolling-roaded) at 21,000m and was fine when I traded in at 70k. This included track days.

My current one was bought with 150k on it and I had no hesitation in remapping to c. 210bhp (off the peg this time)

I wouldn't worry about upgrading unless 1) it starts to play up or 2) you are thinking about big bhp. If its 2) lots of people will have suggestions for you.

Edited by Fabpreza
  • Like 1

Thanks mate, that's put my mind at rest a little, I do take it quite easy on clutches, never had to replace one before and been driving 20 years. Be interesting to see how it goes, from what I can tell of the car all its previous owners took decent care of it so hopefully it will be ok for a while. I may be after a few more horses but nothing major, certainly no stage 2 map yet!