Lack of eBay feedback.....annoying

dazz600

I have an eBay account that I only use now and again.ebay have been pending my funds as I don't have many sales

So few back I sold about 15 Xbox games to get my numbers up and have a small clear out

I have given all of them feedback once they'd paid (even those that took 2 days) and out of those maybe 7 or 8 have given me feedback

eBay are now no longer pending my paypal funds so job done

But the other 7 or 8 haven't left feedback despite a polite email a couple of weeks later

And they have stuff for sale on eBay so have likely read what I've sent

So am I within my rights to complain/mention to eBay their lack of feedback?

• Like 1

Not everybody leaves feedback, I've had sellers that don't leave me any as well. Just the way it is, and when you use ebay it's something you have to get used to. I've hardly sold anything on there, and tend to buy only, always leave feedback but don't always get any back.

No, you have absolutely no entitlement to feedback. The purpose of a transaction is to get either goods or money. Feedback is an entirely optional extra, and if you keep chasing people for it they are more likely to leave you poor comments.

• Like 3

nope, its the way it is.

i have over a 1000 now but if they all left feedback then i'd be well over 2000.

same here as far as my numbers go should be around 3000 not 1500 as i am

have had a few who sent an e-mail asking for feedback on the item i have bought from them to which i always reply when you have left feedback on my payment i will leave feedback on the item . even then some do and some dont  . as stated it the way it is

i always give feedback on all items purchased from me . if i buy something i only give feedback i feedback is left for me

Edited by jgcsteve13

If I walk into a shop and buy a kettle (for example) I don't immediately rush home and write a review. It's a transaction plain and simple. You have something I want, I pay you, you give me goods for payment.

• Like 3

same here as far as my numbers go should be around 3000 not 1500 as i am

have had a few who sent an e-mail asking for feedback on the item i have bought from them to which i always reply when you have left feedback on my payment i will leave feedback on the item . even then some do and some dont . as stated it the way it is

i always give feedback on all items purchased from me . if i buy something i only give feedback i feedback is left for me

So if everyone did as you no one would ever receive any feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

So if everyone did as you no one would ever receive any feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

have you even read my post

as stated in it " i always give feedback on all items purchased " its about 50% on items i have purchased 

that obviously means no feedback is ever received my humble appologies for not understanding exactly what i typed 

It wouldn't make any difference if you complained to Ebay. In their eyes, all sellers are bumholes ready to be torn open by the willies that are the buyers who know that they can shaft you and get away with it as you now can't leave negative feedback for them. You could be the perfect, most polite seller, but if a buyer complains, you automatically lose.

• Like 3

Of course you should always post feedback (good or bad), & expect your buyers to leave feedback as well. Its the whole way that Ebay is structured & without feedback the system would fall apart. It would be akin to buying something from a 'guy you met in the pub', & then finding out you've bought a load of rubbish or a fake. Feedback gives you the confidence that the seller is bona fide & not some 'rip off merchant'.

I personally will not buy from Ebay unless the seller has 100% perfect feedback & has been established for some time. I have been buying & selling on Ebay since 2002 & I have never been unhappy with a purchase yet!

IMHO its just bad manners or laziness not to leave feedback, -how long does it take for Christ's sake?

• Like 2

Although there is no rule making you give feedback, it is part of the ebay experience and was part of why you chose to purchase through that seller-because of their feedback.

There are one or two occasions where I have left no feedback rather than negative feedback (eg packing ripped to hell), but otherwise it is part of the transaction to help others to be guided.

Not leaving feedback is selfish-and if like me you go the extra mile when selling, dispatching, packing, comming etc, it is really annoying to not be rated.

As said by others, I have 1000++ 100% feedback, but it should be around 1500 if all left feedback.  Irritating, but part of modern life-make no effort unless it gives you a reward.

• Like 1

Lol why should they 'have' to give you feedback? Do you give feedback to all your purchases ? No I thought not :) feedback can be negative also so don't rock the boat

I beg to differ there Seb

I have given feedback to every single item

It's manners,how long does it take?

Good point about rocking the boat tho,still learning eBay!

Of course you should always post feedback (good or bad), & expect your buyers to leave feedback as well. Its the whole way that Ebay is structured & without feedback the system would fall apart. It would be akin to buying something from a 'guy you met in the pub', & then finding out you've bought a load of rubbish or a fake. Feedback gives you the confidence that the seller is bona fide & not some 'rip off merchant'.

I personally will not buy from Ebay unless the seller has 100% perfect feedback & has been established for some time. I have been buying & selling on Ebay since 2002 & I have never been unhappy with a purchase yet!

IMHO its just bad manners or laziness not to leave feedback, -how long does it take for Christ's sake?

Nail on the head,right there!

I don't leave negative feedback. I leave positive when it's a positive experience and worth 5 stars. Anything less than 5 stars I don't leave anything. I leave neutral feedback when something goes wrong and I have to return an item, explaining why ("Item was faulty, seller refunded straight away" sort of thing), but negative is something I've not done for many years.

Negative feedback can be left by anyone with any slight grievance, and doesn't always reflect the sellers real status. I look at the positive feedback and take more notice of what people have to say about a sellers positives.

I don't leave negative feedback. I leave positive when it's a positive experience and worth 5 stars. Anything less than 5 stars I don't leave anything. I leave neutral feedback when something goes wrong and I have to return an item, explaining why ("Item was faulty, seller refunded straight away" sort of thing), but negative is something I've not done for many years.

Negative feedback can be left by anyone with any slight grievance, and doesn't always reflect the sellers real status. I look at the positive feedback and take more notice of what people have to say about a sellers positives.

A threat of negative feedback will usually get the seller to book their ideas up and sort out the problem though.

I endeavour to leave feedback but I'm just forgetful, every now and again I'll do 20 in one go. I find most trade sellers very prompt, private not so much. It doesn't annoy me particularly, enough people do do it to keep bumping it up significantly, don't lose sleep over 1 or 2.

Ebay should make it so you don't get your feedback until you've left feedback for the other party. They can easily be held in no man's land and published only when both parties have completed feedback.

It's not rocket science surely?

That wouldn't work at all. A dodgy seller would never leave you feedback, so your comments would be permanently held in limbo.

That wouldn't work at all. A dodgy seller would never leave you feedback, so your comments would be permanently held in limbo.

Then they wouldn't get feedback either, maybe an automatic negative mark by eBay saying that they didn't leave feedback for the other party and the person who did leave feedback gets theirs published and the reputation points?