Oil change

G1ZYX

Hi all,

Had my Fabia  1.2 htp converted to gas from new 63 plate.

My question ,a little tricky- The oil change has displayed on the dash after 1 year and 4000 miles BUT I am on LPG gas and the oil should be much cleaner, and it is, plus I do not do short journeys, 20 miles each time I run it.

Should I change it, as the warranty may be effected if I don't . I do not want to waste £70 on a oil change for the sake of it.

Welcome to the Forum.    (Maybe your Post will get moved to the Skoda Fabia 2 Section.)

Do you mean the Original Manufactures warranty with Skoda?

Is the PLG Modification approved and keeping the OMW valid?

Was it done by a Skoda Dealership, or Factory Fitted?

Is your car on Fixed Servicing and 9,400 miles /372 days,  Could it not have been on Variable Servicing.?

If you car is on Fixed Servicing you need to follow the Service Schedule / Guidelines to keep a OMW Valid,

so Serviced & Oil Change.

You need to Talk to Skoda Customer Services & then get in writing what they say on your Warranty being Valid.

Your first service including Oil & Filter change should not work out as being £70 for the Oil / Filter & Sump Plug.

george

PS.

I would consider 20 miles each time as short journeys.

I have run V8's on LPG without Petrol Start up, and the Oil stayed Golden,

I still changed it regularly though.

Edited by goneoffSKi

As I've previously posted, one of my hobbyhorses is to change oil & filter EVERY YEAR or sooner if high mileage.

It's not expensive and many can do-it-themselves thus saving money.

Low mileage/short journeys are less good for engines than longer journeys so just change the oil to be sure. It can't do harm and, in my opinion, positively helps engine life.

• Like 1