Terminal 30 junction location diesels/petrols

Looking for a bit of help from those who may have been into the dash on the fusebox side, especially if you've been looking for and found the "Terminal 30 junction" referred to in Haynes and other wiring diagrams. This is a metal bus-bar that takes 110A fused battery power into the cabin and distributes it from there to all the other places it needs to go. Also known as "Voltage distributor"

On our '05 1.2 Ambiente Petrol, it seems to be in a different ('orribly inaccessible) place to where I was expecting (just above the relays).

Does anyone have any photos of Fabia dashboards in various state of disassembly, or know where I can find them, please?.  Looking for ones of petrol Fabias mainly, to see if there's a consistent difference in where this is located compared to diesels.

This page shows how it looks in some Fabias.  Ours looks totally different, and is way up behind the clocks above the steering column, to the left of where all the wiring comes through from the engine bay, I think.

Cheers for any help. :clap:

Edit: On this page I'm seeing what I think is the one I have in our car, item 5 in the diagrams labelled S97-4595 towards the bottom of the page. The fact that the title of the page includes the word Variant 2 makes me wonder...Yep, previous page is Variant 1, and no sign of the voltage distributor in that position.

Anyone ever got to Variant 2 voltage distributor without completely removing the dash?

jsut stripping out Bossfox's FGF, i had to remove the entire fuse box/relay box, and there are 3 screws which hold it up which are below the dials in the cross member and face the drivers seat, which are shown on your 2nd link, but they are not accessible without pulling the dash out

which is about 4/5 screws at either end, 2 holding the fuse box on the driverside, remove the glove box, lower dash trim and the radio, steering wheel trim (the panel under the wheel), steering wheel and its airbag, and then the dials and possibly a few more bits.

But i thought that Terminal 30 was just a constant 12V source, whats the problem you are having?

Thanks Taylor93 that's very helpful. Not having a problem (other than this thing's position!) but looking to add wiring to it for this.

I don't know what Bossfox's FGF is, is it petrol fuelled?

Thanks again. :sun:

its the 1.4 8V petrol. But it is a pre-facelift which had slightly different wiring to the later models (such as your 1.2 2005 model car)

That said looknig at the guide in that VW thread, if you only need to screw onto one of the existing power leads, you might be able to get to it (with great difficulty) without removing the whole dash?

but i guess you have tried that.

Other option is to get some chunky 100 amp cable (like for battery relocation) and wire it from the battery through the bulk head (a few wholes you can use) into the dash area.

Ah, thanks, so maybe this is a diesel/petrol difference.

I tried getting to it via the left hand side of the steering column, with zero success. Great chunks of loom wiring in the way of hands getting anywhere.

I like the idea of sending a new wire through the bulkhead, it almost has to be easier.  Location of suitable holes?

This is really helpful, I feel I owe you a pint already. :beer:

Ah, thanks, so maybe this is a diesel/petrol difference.

I tried getting to it via the left hand side of the steering column, with zero success. Great chunks of loom wiring in the way of hands getting anywhere.

I like the idea of sending a new wire through the bulkhead, it almost has to be easier.  Location of suitable holes?

This is really helpful, I feel I owe you a pint already. :beer:

There is a hole which is bunged with a rubber grommet, its used for the bonnet release on LHD cars (i believe) but its under the plenum (along the bottom of the windscreen) up by the passenger side bonnet hinge, comes out into the passenger foot well.

That hole is often used for Subwoofer power cables so you might be able to find more detailed explanation elsewhere on briski if needed

glad im of aassistance :)

• Like 1