Air Filter upgradeclosed aii

surali54

Hey Guys,

I own a superb 2.6l V6 automatic in India and want to upgrade the performance of the car. I have been suggested to remove the catalytic from the exhaust and upgrade teh filter. I have consulted a few people about the filter and few people have suggested that Apollo filter from K&n would be a good option. However, there have been quite a few who have told me that it is not a good option. Can you please suggest if an upgrade of air filter is suggested and if yes which one should i go for?

Regards,

Shaun

Not much point I think. There is plenty of air if you have a good quality filter and renew it frequently. There is divided opinion as to whether the oiled nature of the K&N filters damages the air mass sensors. K&N obviously deny it...

I wouldn't bother with any "performance tuning" on this kind of car. Spend your time and money fixing all the water leaks first...!

• Like 1

A typical standard OEM air filter flows 25% more air than the engine ever demands so no point changing it unless you're running a stage 2+ remap.

Removing the cat (or fitting a sport cat) will remove some of the restriction in the exhaust and increase performance slightly.

Only sure way to increase a naturally aspirated engines performance is new cams and I do not know if they exist for that engine.

Thank you for your reply. I have removed the catalytic and indeed the performance has improved. Got the engine de carbonisation done today and it has a lot of difference than earlier. Would anyone recommend a universal open air filter for the upgrade?