Halfords 120 bit socket set - Deal of the day

I got a bargain a few weeks ago with a Autoglym kit which was £20 instead of £50 via Halfords deal of the day offer. Sadly by the time I'd found it there was only a short while left of the offer so didnt have time to share it. I have just found another decent deal, this time for a 120 bit socket set, normally £160 its down to £60 for today. 

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-120-piece-socket-set

I know it's not really the time to be spanking money on tools but I thought I'd share incase someones after a set. I think you can reserve and pick up in a couple of days time too. 

• Like 2

I used to work for Halfords, when they had high street stores, and when they had 6 digit codes on the stock too which had to be entered into the till prior to the item price.

Hmm I could probably get there now and get a couple,of extra quid off with the trade card but I've got too many tools as it is

The deals a web offer only so its more expensive on trade

• Like 1

I've reserved a set for collection on 30th December, if the price changes I'll leave it. Don' really need them but their tools are great quality and its a decent deal. Thanks for sharing Matt.

I reserved the autoglym stuff and collected after the deal ended, they'll honour the price no problem! Glad to help!  :sun:

Ooh, lovely deal for that.

I've replaced most of my tools bit by bit with the Professional range after being dead impressed with the quality...

Anyone want to buy me that for Christmas?  :D

Hmm I could probably get there now and get a couple,of extra quid off with the trade card but I've got too many tools as it is

The deals a web offer only so its more expensive on trade

It wouldn't work if it was an in store offer either. The card would put it back to the 'full' 100% price and then take the 'card' discount off, which would usually make it more expensive than the 50/60% off offer.

Reserved mine and the price was confirmed at £59.99, even though it won't be at my local store for pick up until after christmas.

I received the email this morning while I was out and forgot about it, so can use some of the cash I usually get in place of presents at christmas to buy it with.

Cheers Matt

if its of anyones interest i will see if i can get a hold of the discounts list on trade cards, they were recently changed because of how random they could be on different parts. Might be nice to actually have a bit of light shed on what you can and cant save on

I have been tempted several times through the year to get the 200 piece set and it's always been 50% off. The 120 was £80 before this deal, £59.99 is still a good 25% off though! Also up to 4% cashback via quidco.com

if its of anyones interest i will see if i can get a hold of the discounts list on trade cards, they were recently changed because of how random they could be on different parts. Might be nice to actually have a bit of light shed on what you can and cant save on

That would be excellent.

Thanks Matt,reserved it last night,thought I had up to 23rd to pick it up so went in tonight and was told it hadn't been picked yet so they upgraded me to the 170pc £125 set for the same price,thanks again,£59.99 well spent

I picked up a £60 one on Sunday. My dads offered to buy it me for xmas! Handy to keep in the car :)

Got a 17mm nylon coated socket for the alloy wheels too! Should keep them looking tidy!

I picked up a £60 one on Sunday. My dads offered to buy it me for xmas! Handy to keep in the car :)

Got a 17mm nylon coated socket for the alloy wheels too! Should keep them looking tidy!

Gosh, I don't think I'd keep my 160pc in the car.  That's 10kg of weight to lug about with only about 1/4 useful for breakdowns  :D

It's pride of place in the garage though.  Usually the first port of call for anything needed.  :thumbup:

Gosh, I don't think I'd keep my 160pc in the car. That's 10kg of weight to lug about with only about 1/4 useful for breakdowns :D

It's pride of place in the garage though. Usually the first port of call for anything needed. :thumbup:

I live between 3 houses mate! Cars got all sorts in the boot. Carry a lot of food and supplements around! Aswell as a suitcase and 3 pairs of shoes / trainers! :D