Vrs High pressure fuel regulator valve problem

Been having some issues with a turbo boost related problem and contrary to all my usual standards I decided to have a go myself at finding the problem, after all how hard can it be undoing a few bolts here and there, clean some parts and put them back !!!!!!!

Well following an EGR and anti shudder valve removal, thorough clean, and refit I was pleasantly surprised when I turned the key and the thing started, only problem was the problem still there, load applied to turbo and yep the flashing coil light and limp mode f**k gutted devastated deflated.

Now at this point I should have given up and drove straight into my local dealer for a thorough diagnosis but following my success with the EGR etc im now a semi qualified technician,,,,ha ha in my own fantasy world maybe.

Onto the main problem now

I foolishly removed the fuel pump pressure regulator valve, didn't know what the hell it was but hey ho lets rip it and have a look,,,,,,,I soon realised it wasn't anything to do with the turbo, so I threw the thing straight back in its hole.

Since doing this the car hasn't started for 4 days, :sweat:

now being a self employed licensed driver without a car over the busiest weekend of the year im pretty much loosing a small fortune.

Acquired a new valve yesterday after being told how fragile they are at a give away price of £118 but still no start, the valve supplied via euros had been opened and appeared to my opinion to be worn looking so after trying it I jumped on the phone and insisted on a replacement which im starring at right now.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVICE ON REFITTING THIS HORRIBLE LITTLE PART AS I DONT FEEL I CAN TAKE ANOTHER KNOCK BACK AFTER FITTING 

• 2 months later...

If I was you I would cut your losses and get a reputable garage to do the work. Saves p!!!!ng around with it yourself and potentially losing yet more money on wrong/broken parts and lost work.

Good luck.

The valve you're referring to meters the amount of fuel allowed into the high pressure pump. The more it allows in the more to pump can pressurise and achieve more output pressure. As it stands at the moment you have no idea what is wrong and whether that is at fault or not (including electrical supply, connection etc)

Certain centres have a piece of diagnostic kit which allows this valve to be substituted for a mechanical blanking valve to force the pump to generate pressure of around 1000bar - this is a temporary fit to rule out the issue. You really need to take it somewhere with this type of equipment and have it checked, it may have nothing to do with the reason it won't start. It's either that or keep guessing and possibly throwing money at it which isn't required.