rns315 & maxidot question

*murph*

I recently replaced my bolero with my old rns315,when i 1st fitted it i didn't have a microphone but all functions was working inc the phone function in the maxi dot / yesterday my microphone arrived so i fitted it & now the phone functions won't display in the maxi dot ?

Edited by *murph*

Have you coded it with vcds at all?

no not yet i was unsure it needed it due to it working before the mic was installed is there any guide on what coding it needs as iv got vcds

Does seem like a coding issue...Can you give us a link to the microphone? There are different cables out there (with or without voice control) so maybe there's something odd there.

the microphone was bought from eddie nl http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/274292-blackline-bluetooth-kit-loom-mic/#entry3244289 & the coding looks the same as in the link - I've tried the maxi dot reset through the incar display is there a way to reset through vcds ?

Edited by *murph*

Not aware of a reset procedure for maxidot but that coding link suggests no integration with the maxidot right at the bottom. It doesn't explain how it was there before though. There is not a separate BT module fitted under the seat is there?

Iv checked defy no phone module under either seat, I'm curious as my steering wheel hasn't got the phone button if i changed buttons to add the phone function on the wheel would this cure my problem.

It is more likely a coding issue. Adding a button to the wheel won't fix the issue on its own.

Ive just bought some cheap buttons on ebay & ill fit them any way,can you believe TPS where iv a trade account wanted £130 plus vat just for the right side buttons  :sweat: is there any more info on the coding i should be looking at.

I know. I was looking myself recently-ish Got a set on eBay recently for 15 quid vs dealer price of exactly that - 129+VAT...

I paid £45 plus postage from one of our european friends on ebay, i am right in thinking they will pop out the old ones & popping the new ones in plus change the coding to allow the phone button to function properly.

Mine is a preFL so simpler buttons (no scroller). In my case it was a simple button swap, as there is logic built into the buttons. But I think your coding is slightly out so the button might not work either until you get the coding correct...

Mine is a preFL so simpler buttons (no scroller). In my case it was a simple button swap, as there is logic built into the buttons. But I think your coding is slightly out so the button might not work either until you get the coding correct...

i did notice there is a unchecked box on mine for phone button & when i changed it with my original buttons it didn't work properly hence the new buttons ordered.

It wasn't three button keypad was it?

Both the old & new buttons are 2x buttons plus scroller i.e. my original ones have a circle & back arrow / the new ones have a phone button & back arrow why are there different types ? the seller stated the new buttons are off a 2011 superb 2 like mine.

No the three button keypad is something in VWs by the roof light. It's nothing to do with the wheel, and has confused me in the past. Have you got nav and BT ticked in the gateway installation list?

No the three button keypad is something in VWs by the roof light. It's nothing to do with the wheel, and has confused me in the past. Have you got nav and BT ticked in the gateway installation list?

no i have nav - radio enabled i was told it didn't need bt ticked as it hasn't got separate module under the seat, do you think it needs that altering ?

No I think that's correct. I was wondering if BT was ticked when it shouldn't be.

Thank Phuk for that i was about to go out & freeze playing with vcds lol

I can't help thinking as it worked before (and it appears to work for others as per the pics in the linked post) its just a glitch. I wonder if a battery disconnect and reconnect or a reboot of the nav unit might sort it. Not sure how you do the latter but I am sure someone can advise.

I can't help thinking as it worked before (and it appears to work for others as per the pics in the linked post) its just a glitch. I wonder if a battery disconnect and reconnect or a reboot of the nav unit might sort it. Not sure how you do the latter but I am sure someone can advise.

To be honest i spoke to eddie nl about some other stuff & he said try disconecting the battery so ill give that a try tomorrow cheers for the advice & comments

• 4 weeks later...

Ive added the steering wheel buttons & they are working fine but I've noticed when some call me it shows in the maxi dot, but I'm not able to access the phone book display in the maxi dot otherwise ???