ESP & 4WD Not Working [MKii Octavia 4x4] - HELP!

Finally had a decent amount of snow in the French Alps last night so was quite keen to put her to the test, but alas, she's now stuck on the drive. Quite pathetic really. Only one front wheel is spinning, not the rears.

When I start the car up the ESP light on the dash doesn't come up briefly like all the others. 

Depressing the ESP button has no effect - it won't light up to signify ESP has been switched off.

I thought maybe it could be the fuse for the ABS/ESP but ABS does indeed work. I tried switching out fuse 4 by the steering wheel and there's no change.

Really gutted as I went to a lot of trouble to get this car over from the UK....

Any ideas people?

Thanks

Edited by bucketmaster

• 1 month later...

Looks like the haldex controller has gone. Identified the seal coming away, removed the cover and there had been some water ingress resulting in a capacitor being damaged and a couple of the tracks gone. Tried to fix it but no joy.

Now scouring the breakers for a replacement....