NAMING YOUR CAR

Shanco

• Whenever I have felt an affinity to a car I have given it a name.
  • Over the years, when discussing cars, I have found that recalling a car by name has made life easier as SWMBO doesn't seem to recognise makes, models etc. although she is masterful in remembering colours.
  • Our Jungle Green Superb now has been named - Jane!!! 
  • What names if any have you given your car?

Shanco (Tarzan) :D

Used to have a Land Rover series 3 which we called 'Bill'. I think it was one of our kids who gave it the name. Maybe FWF 540L is still out there somewhere.

My first car was an extremely low and hard VW Polo called: Gocart.

The next one was a yellow Hyundai Accent called: The cheese.

Then I had a Nissan Sunny called where the suspension where so soft that my friends called me a grandad ( I was 24 with no kids).

Next up another Polo with the name: Gocart.

Then a Red Hyundai Scoupé turbo called: Red lightning

After that a Kia Sephia, Mitsubishi Pajero, VW Passat and now the Superb. Neither of these have had names...

I don't anthropormorphise.

It's just a metal and glass box with an engine in the front and a wheel at each corner.

The nearest I've ever got to naming cars is that all of them at some time have been called "You Barsteward" (as in Start, you barsteward)

• Like 1

People who name their cars should be dragged out into the street and paraded around wearing a pink bunny suit and holding a large sign saying 'I am a not normal'  :devil:

Edited by Wakey
  • Like 2

People who name their cars should be dragged out into the street and paraded around wearing a pink bunny suit and holding a large sign saying 'I am a not normal'  :devil:

Harsh, but fair.

I have today placed an order for a Superb Estate. 'He' is to be known as Tom, The reg is an anagram of the name. And My late father was called Tom... nuff said 

• Like 1