Oil filter o ring 2.5 tdi

098Joe

Just realised my car is dripping oil on my block paving.  So had a quick look under bonnet, and oil is seeping out from where the plastic filter housing screws in.  I unscrewed it and to my surprise no O ring, can somebody confirm whether or not there should be one?  

Thanks

Joe      

If it is like the 1.9 (which it looks like from the filters I've seen) there should be two O rings - a small one on the "tip" of the oil filter holder, and a large one on the cap of the oil filter holder.

1 oring only, above the cap thread. 2.5TDI filter clips into the cap, no spindle going through the filter like 1.9/2.0 ones. But if it is missing, it'll leak for sure. Was the car serviced recently?

• Like 1

1 oring only, above the cap thread. 2.5TDI filter clips into the cap, no spindle going through the filter like 1.9/2.0 ones. But if it is missing, it'll leak for sure. Was the car serviced recently?

Thanks I was pretty sure there should be one.  Yes had an oil change in August so guess it took a while to work it's way out of the undertray.  National Tyres will be getting some grief tomorrow.  But I am relieved that it is not a big problem. Sometimes I park facing up a slope so maybe it ran out of the vee quicker than if always on the level.