Fog Light Failure

Nackuk

Tonight had been the first time we have had bad fog around here, and tonight I actually needed the fog lights. And to my surprise they didn't come on!

Anyway I could do with some help figureing out why the fuse keeps blowing (having found it and changed it a few times). On mylight switch the front fog lights come on first and this blows the fuse, very quickly (then you pull further for the rears - which then don't work as the fuse has blown).

Can someone help by pointing out any problem area's with the wiring that they may have expericenecd in the past with the front fog lights or if there is something else I should consider that is causig the problem.

Whilst not he most urgent issue and its dark and cold outside right now, if they are ever needed I would like to have them operational and I can't have the rears on without selcting the fronts first.

As it was warmish but dry, I started to look at the problem, and just so it might be of help to anyone else, I started at the bulbs by disconnecting them and plugging i each one back in to see which front fog lamp wiring was causing the problem.

Luckily it turned out to be the bulb itself that was shorting out inside its own base where the shielded wiring enters it. These were Osrom bulbs, a couple of years old and not used much. I guess the constant vibration go the best of it.

thankgod it wasn't in the wring loom somewhere, that would have been a pain to find.

• Like 1