headlight just died again

cab43

Hi all,

new to the forum, well sort of, been flicking through it for a while.

I've had a 2005 superb for a fen months now and it's been great but yesterday one of the hid headlights flickered then died so I replaced the bulb and all was good again, until tonight I noticed the same bulb was dim, opened bonnet to check I hadn't left anything loose, all Ok just a buzz coming from the ballast pack I think, the other side is quiet then the problem side flickered a few times and eventually died.

has anybody got any ideas? Dodgy bulb? Was it the ballast all along?

Thanks.

Paul.

I had EXACTLY the same problem yesterday!

Flicked ones last night.

Then this morning flicked a few times and died. Headlight out warnin on dash too.

Tonight did the same thing.

By Osram bulbs are under a year old. It's not that. It's the ballast. I have two spare ones. I also have two spare igniters. I think it will be the one sitting on the bulb an not the one under the headlight.

I'll do the change tomorrow and let you know here if hat fixed it.

But what's interesting is that that headlight went out once in the summer of 2013. And been fine since.

But now the problem is persistent so needs attention before my £60 bulbs gets destroyed by the faulty electronics.

Just an update, as I seem to have the same problem, today I changed the ballast on the bulb, with a spare one I had kicking about in the garage, and then drove 170 miles in the dark and the problem has not returned, no more flickering and then light going out with bulb failure warning.

• Like 1