Considering a new Yeti

clv101

Assuming I go for the Outdoor 2.0 TDI CR [140] SE 4x4, with factory tow... and rough road pack. Are the any other options I'll regret not choosing? Heated windscreen??

Heated windscreen is bloody good.

The one option you absolutely should choose (if you Ever plan to carry stuff in the back) is the Load Net. It's the one most people overlook, but it is a fantastic bit of kit which cannot easily be retro-fitted (due to custom holes in the roof lining) so you must spec it when new.

It is very well engineered and very flexible to use - allowing fitment with the parcel shelf, and it folds up and stows away neatly in a bag in the boot unlike the unwieldy metal frame aftermarket load guards which are a) difficult to manhandle in/out of the car, B) can't be used with the parcel shelf and c) require a shed or garage to store them in.

xepnk7.jpg

iyzg21.jpg

Its in my 2013 brochure. Not got an older one so cannot say.

I've had to email the dealer out here.

The au website is all about gee wiz and not much help.

My better half wants to replace her Jazz and is interested in a Juke......compact and high riding 2 + seater (fun 'shopping trolley') but I've heard the seats lack support........ or FWD Yeti.

My better half wants to replace her Jazz and is interested in a Juke......compact and high riding 2 + seater (fun 'shopping trolley') but I've heard the seats lack support........ or FWD Yeti.

In know it's personal preference but the Juke looks like my 3yr old designed it!!

• Like 2

I've managed to have a test drive in a 140 4x4 Yeti now. Very impressed to be honest, enough power, comfy, a lot more refined than the old Fabia VRS. Pretty sure I'm going to get a Yeti so the only real question is whether to get a 2nd hand one or new. I'm leaning towards new. The dealer was only interested in quoting me the list price of ~£22900 for SE + tow bar + rough road. Carfile and Drive the Deal are £20300-600 so around £2500 cheaper for the same car!

Do you get all the same dealer benefits, like Ensurance, Roadside assistance, 7 days insurance when buying through a broker?

I've managed to have a test drive in a 140 4x4 Yeti now. Very impressed to be honest, enough power, comfy, a lot more refined than the old Fabia VRS. Pretty sure I'm going to get a Yeti so the only real question is whether to get a 2nd hand one or new. I'm leaning towards new. The dealer was only interested in quoting me the list price of ~£22900 for SE + tow bar + rough road. Carfile and Drive the Deal are £20300-600 so around £2500 cheaper for the same car!

Do you get all the same dealer benefits, like Ensurance, Roadside assistance, 7 days insurance when buying through a broker?

Certainly with Drive the Deal you do. You actually buy the car from a UK franchised dealer. No money changes hands between you and DtD. All transactions are done between you and the dealer. DtD just introduces you to the dealer. The dealer could be anywhere in the UK though.

Nothing stopping you going back to the dealer armed with printed quotes from DtD etc and telling them they can have your business if they can come close. I did this and my local dealer came to within £400 of DtD so went with the local dealer and saved £3300 on an L&K which I picked up yesterday :-)

Why not treat her to a Yeti Greeline SE 1.6D

My wife absolutely loves it.

Should have got it before the Monte Carlo.

I'm actually considering the Monte Carlo as a sensible way into the 170 engine. The ~£2k on top of the 140 SE includes a lot (170 engine (lower VED), Bi-Xenons, sports seats... and bling).

Why not treat her to a Yeti Greeline SE 1.6D

My wife absolutely loves it.

Changed her mind again....the new 308 3 pot now....must say v nice......for some reason she doesn't feel at home driving Yeti.

At least we get away from Honda twice yearly servicing.

We went in the showroom for a Yeti and bought a Roomster. As soon as we opened the back door and looked inside we were sold. It is very much a Tardis and the boot is more than adequate for our car boot and family needs. We felt that the Yeti was very bulbous on the outside and quite small on the inside compared to the Roomie. The Roomster was a lot cheaper also. Do the comparison test!

• Like 1

We went in the showroom for a Yeti and bought a Roomster.

We did the opposite. Went into the showroom for a Roomster and bought a Yeti.

Yes the Roomster has a bigger boot. But it's a cheaper car and you only have to look at the quality of the seat trim, dashboard & interior fixtures & fittings to work out where the money has been saved.

We got out of the Roomster and sat in the Yeti and immediately realised what was important to us.

If we didn't do many miles then maybe the Roomster would have made sense, but if you spend as much time behind the wheel as I do (we did almost 10000 miles in the first 2 months of ownership of the Yeti) then it was a hands-down winner.

• Like 1

We went in the showroom for a Yeti and bought a Roomster.

I think they would sell a lot more Roomsters if the driver and passenger windows flowed with the rear windows.

It makes it look claustrophobic in the front.

• Like 2

I think they would sell a lot more Roomsters if the driver and passenger windows flowed with the rear windows.

It makes it look claustrophobic in the front.

That was a selling feature as it was different to the usual boxes. The name suggested different "rooms" for rear seat passengers.

I did miss the space in the Roomster when I got my first Yeti but converted now to vertical packing.

Fred

I only drove my late father in law's Roomster a couple of times before i sold it but the refinement of the Yeti was way, way ahead.

Ok the Rooster was an SE & my Yeti is an Elegance, but even so, Road noise, engine noise, etc so much better controlled in the Yeti.

Loved the DSG box though, especially in traffic where the Yeti's very low first gear can be tiring in heavy stop go traffic.

A Yeti with a boot the size of the Roomster's with a spare wheel.... now that would be extra appealing!

We test drove a Citigo, a Fabia, an Ibiza, a Micra, and looked at a Roomster also.  The Yeti does feel a cut above.

I would say that the SE come with Halogen lights and they are reputed to be dire.  Certainly the Halogens in my Superb are pants.  The Xenons in the Yeti are phenomenal.  Probably worth going Elegance spec just for them.

• Like 1

If you are keeping a car for many years, it makes sense to buy new, because otherwise there's a good chance that you will end up paying to fix the first owner's bad driving habits.  I've noticed people are far more careful about their cars if they know they'll still be paying to maintain them in several years' time.

I've used both Carfile and DtD with no issues and all the usual dealer benefits with a bonus of no messing around when going to collect the car.