Considering a new Yeti

clv101

Ordered mine on 31 November and that too is sitting at Emden. SCHELDE HIGHWAY arrived tonight at Emden and I'm hoping like her last 4 trips will be to Grimsby tomorrow with my new car on board and only about 40 miles from me :peek:

Thanks. I'm pretty much set on buying new now. Skoda Store seem to be the best price, but there's only a few quid between them and Carfile or DtD. 12-14 week wait though.

Whereabouts are you? I'd give Lee at Preston Motors in London a call as well.

I used him last year for my Yeti and was very pleased with the deal and service received.

Also check CarWow if you haven't already; a very good starting place where dealers are able to submit pricing for your chosen specification, in order to try and win your business effectively.

Ordered mine on 31 November and that too is sitting at Emden. SCHELDE HIGHWAY arrived tonight at Emden and I'm hoping like her last 4 trips will be to Grimsby tomorrow with my new car on board and only about 40 miles from me :peek:

It's on the boat :thumbup:

Ordered mine on the 21 November still on got a build date.  Greenline outdoor 1.6 TDI CR  Elegance with electric seat with auto dimming door mirrors, park assist, DAB radio, LED rear lights, Boreal wood inserts (Gobi sand leather seats), rear mud flaps, Rosso Brunello. 

Ordered mine on the 21 November still on got a build date.  Greenline outdoor 1.6 TDI CR  Elegance with electric seat with auto dimming door mirrors, park assist, DAB radio, LED rear lights, Boreal wood inserts (Gobi sand leather seats), rear mud flaps, Rosso Brunello. 

I was told that it would speed things up if I ordered before the end of the month so I did that over the phone and followed up by signing the papers a few days later.

I take it the dealers put an order in once a month or something like that. I got a build date that was accurate a couple of weeks after the order.

Mine is nearly the same as yours except Metal Grey Metalic, black leather seats, Amundesen Sat-Nav, fatigue sensor and no electric seat or wood inserts.

I was told that it would speed things up if I ordered before the end of the month.

That's because the sales guys are paid commission on monthly sales. So he wants your order in before month-end to boost his pay packet next month.

Nothing whatsoever to do with speeding up your order I'm afraid...

Last couple of days of the month are always the best days to get the biggest discount when buying a car - it could be the one sale that helps him hit target, or not.

That's because the sales guys are paid commission on monthly sales. So he wants your order in before month-end to boost his pay packet next month.

Nothing whatsoever to do with speeding up your order I'm afraid...

He is not on commission on monthly sales but a yearly salary depending on the last years sales so the timing was that the order was about to go thru to Skoda, probability is they get a better price by putting in a large order rather that an odd car here and there. I did get it thru Carwow with over £2500 off.

Nope - whatever he tells you, he's on monthly commission. All car sales staff are.

Sure they may get an annual bonus based on entire year sales but all sales people are driven by seeing immediate return in their pay packet from one month to the next.

If they don't sell a car one month & see their commission next month, they won't stay in the job - they'll be off somewhere else.

The dealer has just phoned that the salesman that took my order had left, and he was now dealing with it and the car is at the dealers so will be having it in March great news the last Yeti took 25 weeks

I like the one I have,I have kept it longer than normal. This could be my last car so I have had the spec I wanted. I have just been on the Skoda site and priced up the spec I ordered and it is £3500 more than I have paid as the dealer matched carfile price

Hi ime in a bit of a dilemma

My trade in + 5.500 for a 64 plate yeti 1,000 miles inc sat nav

Or

My trade in + 6,800 for a brand new one 3 weeks wait

For a Skoda yeti greenline se in jungle green

Or

I do not think you will get £1300 more when you do trade it in. I found the sat nav was not great in mine and have not ordered one in my new one, I have had a tomtom

• Like 1

Or

If the demo(?) is in every other respect immaculate and exactly what you want I'd be happy with that offer.

It's a personal choice.

Very much a personal choice. Does the 64 plate car have the options you would order on a new car? Is it your preferred colour, engine, transmission, trim?

If these are not a problem for you then one thing I'd want clarification on before ordering is the 3 weeks delivery. This sounds much too short for a new car order.

Fred

agh321

"3 weeks wait
For a Skoda yeti greenline se in jungle green  "

My two pence worth Go for the new one. There is something about a new car. Worth the money IMO.

Fred.

Yes the 3 week wait is cos' the Greenline is already built & sitting at the Docks.

When I did a test drive a good 30mins with 20mins motorway at 70 I did notice a lot of road noise

With differant types of Tarmac

Do you notice a lot of noise from your 1,6 Greenline with the low rolling resistance tyres

It's about the only thing from stopping me picking up the phone and placing a deposite

Previous cars Toyota Yaris D was quite noisy, & Fabia Monte Carlo close second. 

The Yeti is quite good & certainly when testing it was very much acceptable.

Now my friends Golf tdi Gt was noisier than my Yeti.

How did the Yeti compare with your Golf?

agh321

I've sent you a pm..

How old is your Golf?

Edited by Carlo diesel

That's my trouble I think

The mk7 is whisper quiet if it was 4 inches taller with a higher driving seat ( new golf sv) I would say it's my perfect car

Whent to a vw garage at the weekend t test drive a brand new 1.6tdi se touran £15795 and thought it was as noisey as the yeti

I think the new mk7 golf is excellent

But want a yeti

Hi,

I'm new to this forum/site, still trying to navigate my way round!. Followed the comments on this stream today which has left me feeling a tad uncomfortable. Would anyone like to comment on the following please?

1) Ordered Yeti Elegance Outdoor (140ps) DSG on line from Nationwide Cars, Gloucs 22.12.14 with eta of car mid April with 15 plate. I have no reason to distrust them going on reviews of this co and professional service to date. Is there anything I should be doing or be aware of to effect the delivery on time?

2)Colour combination chosen is metal grey metallic with Matterhorn alloys..Apart from the configurator tool this combi IMO looks ok. Not been able to see the colour with alloys in reality. Does anyone have this combination/have an opinion on this match or otherwise.

3)Am I too late to amend spec for Origami alloys should I change my preference? 

4)Test drove Yeti and Kia Sportage. I felt the latter was noisier than Yeti. Also, I read somewhere that additional soundproofing has now been added to the F/L Yeti?? 

Thanks

Edited by troutfisher