Do you feel Superb Seats are short on width and length?

I am 6ft tall with 105 kgs on my body :p ..

I feel Superb seats are  bit short in width as well as on under thigh support.

I also own Fiat Palio 2003 and believe me even being a hatch Palio has much comfertable seats even without all the frills of electric 12 way adjustable formations .

Just gt my Superb last month and am back from 2K km drive and always felt my butt was struggling to fit between sides and thighs were longing for extension and better support. I make this comment since I am use to wider seats in my Palio.

Am I the only one who is thinking this?

I am about 108 kgs and two inches shorter thereby with a bigger arse but I am ok. In your previous cars did your seats have good size seat side bolsters as the Superbs do? It might go some way to explain if your previous cars did not.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to adjust the seat cushion length and the width of the side bolsters on the seat - going from bend to bend I slide between the seat bolsters on the seat back rather than being held by them. I spent a good bit of time, probably 2 months making small adjustments to the seat position before I landed on something properly comfortable for long journeys though. I'm about 5'11" and usually under 90 kg except after the winter, but I probably look lighter than this...

I find them long enough, but compared to the MKI they are a bit narrow. I've no doubt the bolsters will finally give in to my fat ar$e eventually, but no problem with the seat backs; better support all round than the MKI.....

• Like 1

203 cm here and 85 kgs. I find the seats ok. Just no matter WHAT you do, do *NOT* ever EVER go to an Audi dealer and sit in a car with "comfort" seats, including the adjustable seat base, as shown below. I was always used to parking my but in the seat, and having my thighs just "float" into nothing. With these seats you can extend the seatbase so you actually have support for them.

When my Superb is due replacement, I will be looking very hard at these seats, so propably Audi (if Superb 3 doesn't offer them)

ibm7pv.jpg

• Being 6'00" and 19 stone (not into non Imperial measurements) it took me over a 1000 miles of driving and seat adjustment to find the 'sweet spot' for the driving seat.
  • I would have appreciated the ability to extend/adjust the front squab as this would allow for more leg support.

Shanco

203 cm here and 85 kgs. I find the seats ok. Just no matter WHAT you do, do *NOT* ever EVER go to an Audi dealer and sit in a car with "comfort" seats, including the adjustable seat base, as shown below. I was always used to parking my but in the seat, and having my thighs just "float" into nothing. With these seats you can extend the seatbase so you actually have support for them.

When my Superb is due replacement, I will be looking very hard at these seats, so propably Audi (if Superb 3 doesn't offer them)

ibm7pv.jpg

If you can bring yourself to BMW, the M sport range also have similar style seats.

ibm7pv.jpg

My Insignia has those ones, SRi spec and it makes a huge difference to us lofties.

I'm 6' 3" and found it's better to tip the rear of the seat base downwards and the front upwards so it feels like it gives more support under your legs just before the knee joint. Not sure if you can do this on non electric seats, but certainly works on my Elegance electric seats.

• Like 1

I sympathise with those of you who are perhaps a bit larger than I am. I love the seats in my Superb but I'm only 5' 7" and average weight. My wife is a bit broader and complains that the seats are too narrow for her to get comfortable, especially on longer journeys. Like some others who have commented here, she tends to go for a more relaxed position while in the passenger seat. The narrowness of the seat is also an annoyingly plausible excuse for her to spend more time relaxing in the passenger seat than she spends in the driving seat, especially on longer journeys!

I was wondering as Superb has enough space in length atleast, to workout better thigh support if not the width. I too keep my driving position much relexed which makes me less engaged during spirited driving.

well this is the only issue I find on comfert front in this large car .

I have seen few Videos of New Passat and they have provided extendable thigh support now. Even BMW 3 series Sports line has similar feature . During my test drive I found 3 series seats much comfertable.

May be if the car is new and I am not use to driving position but during my last 2K km drive I felt my legs were tired which I never felt with my other car which is Fiat Palio as well as VW Vento. And yes I drive AT..still.. :notme:

As well as the Superb I drive Mondeos and Insignias regularly as hire cars. The seats on each of those are wider and generally more comfortable I find. 

Some of us had problems with the narrow Superb drivers seat pressing on our sciatic nerve causing numbness and pain in our right leg (Right hand drive cars) a couple of years ago.   We modified the metal seat trim support bar down near the rake adjustment knob slightly which usually fixed the problem. Details are in the archive. 

Edited by Pesmog

They are short, I've got them extending ones in my Audi now and they help a lot, much more reach adjustment on the steering also allows me to get further back from pedals too, no leg room left in rear now, but the Superb would have. The superb seat did go back enough but I got upper back issues because the steering wheel was too far a reach, so I had too cramp my legs up. The A4 is way better for my 6ft-ness but you would probably think the Superb be better looking at the length of it.

Edited by Tankdave

• 2 weeks later...

I think I must just have been lucky finding a good position pretty quickly. I've just swapped to a new Superb SE from a 59 plate Mondeo with cloth seats. 6ft 1 - approx 16 stone.

I would agree that the seats are narrower but they're quite good with the bolstering. I find the Alcantara finish actually keeps me in place. Having done a couple of 200 mile runs already in the car, I find I've got out feeling pretty much OK.

I've had cars previously with wider seat bases that haven't actually been that comfortable over a period of time.

No I find the seats very comfy , had have the car 6 years and done 85,000 miles including a few long trips on the continent, also 6ft 1 with a large build

I drive down to Costa del Sol on a regular basis have electric seats adjust them slightly differently on these long runs and never had a problem with back or discomfort . i am not a small person !!