maxidot mpg

I have bought a 2011 superb greenline elegance, which replaced my 1.9 2003 superb elegance with 201,000 miles on.

I know the maxidot display is prone to over estimating by around 10% the mpg, but have just filled mine up again and it appears to be under estimating. Has anyone experienced this before?  

Mine does by about 3%.  They can be adjusted by applying a correction factor to a setting in VCDS as I understand it.  Reckon mine has possibly been overadjusted using this method.

I have bought a 2011 superb greenline elegance, which replaced my 1.9 2003 superb elegance with 201,000 miles on.

I know the maxidot display is prone to over estimating by around 10% the mpg, but have just filled mine up again and it appears to be under estimating. Has anyone experienced this before?

Yes. Me too by a very small amount only though.

I have just bought an Ultraguage. Amongst many other things, that will give me a definitive view of mpg.

Edited by kevberlin

You can never tell this after only one refueling. You need at least 10 fuel stops for an accurate measurement.

Mine is quite accurate though, it's only off by about 1%.

It also fools itself, as it's constantly rolling based on the last however many miles you could be getting an urban reading when you've been doing x urban/combined sort of driving resulting in a low figure that's not fully accounted for the extra mpg the car is doing on the motorway.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got my Superb so I'm interested to see what the MPG reading turns out to be. I monitor my mileage and fuel use because of a work car allowance so will have a very good idea how accurate it is over time.

Having done this previously, I can confirm that an Audi A6, Saab 9-5, Jaguar XJ8 and a late model Mondeo were all optimistic by varying amounts according to the car's own displays. Possibly the most accurate was the Jag!