What car would you have if you didnt have your fabia?

Hmm, I'd like something with reliability/common sense but with a little bit of mad also

My 56 plate isn't done yet...but it would be nice to have something with a bit of a different feel from the insane slipknot clown car :D The plan being not to get rid of my derv but have something else join the Skoda family

Jaguar XK (but they are too expensive really for what they are)

Focus ST or similar

500 Abarth

But realistically, though I think I am looking a petrol Octy vRS. Been looking at old/new, low and high miles and not quite sure at the moment, don't need anything urgently so may try and aim for a bargain....

(I've already got a very low miles MGF160 coming to me F.O.C so maybe this is bit bonkers as I'd then have 3 cars plus wifes and a motobike ! I know that isn't many peoples idea of a good time, but I've a lot of time for it, and MG is quite the underdog so it could be fun to play with the BMWs etc :D Wonder what tuning potential there is for it, maybe a little)

Also looked at maybe a Superb (seen some real cheap tdi v6's) but they are a far old size barge so not sure

Edited by dominorising

Hard question for me, I have a number of cars I'd have again or like to own at some point. The vRS for me was to save money on running costs while saving for a house which for that it's perfect, can't fault it. But it hardly sets the world on fire in terms of fun and being a drivers car. 

For a fun/weekend toy.

Mini Copper S with the full JCW performance package. Cracking little car for driver enjoyment and fun, also surprisingly fast especially when messed with. 

Honda Integra Type R DC5 or an old school DC2 or Civic EK9
Honda S2000 AP2

Being realistic I'd probably stick with a diesel though.
BMW 123/125d or an Audi TT TDi are high on my list on that front!

I know it's not exactly adventurous but I like the new Suzuki Swift Sport, the one with the 6 speed transmission, it's even fairly economical. The thing I like most about it is that it can be driven at almost 100% most of the time without too much worry or effort and 44 mpg with a little care.

I've also always liked Focus ST and RS's but they are just to expensive to run as a daily driver at 350 miles a week when your take home is as poor as mine. Ah well, one day I might win the lottery. :D  (Aye, and then it'll be either a GTR or a Porsche).

Until then looks like I'll be sticking with the Fabia.

Edited by Coffin Dodger

I'd have another Audi A4 Quattro TDI

I had the B6 1.9tdi sport (PD130)

Nowhere it wouldn't go in the snow, and drove beautifully.

If I had another one I'd go for a B7 3.0TDI Quattro