Side window glass replacement

I've had a good search on the historic forums but can't find any details on how to replace the Driver Side door glass or any door glass actually.

I'm in the process of changing my window regulator and glass on the drivers door on a 2006 Octavia Hatchback.

I currently have the door trim off, door card rivets drilled out and old glass pane removed and cleared up(it was shattered).

Has anyone got any top tips on changing the glass? Will it go into the door frame, as is, with just the regulator out or does more trim around the door frame need removing? One its in I can line it up with the regulator clips and I'll be sorted.

Not on a mk2, but on a mk1, once your remove the trim including the rubber scraper, the glass wiggles in easily.

The mk1 doesn't have the riveted panel, just the old cutouts. 

Whether this makes it easier or more difficult I can't say. 

Once the glass was wiggled in, I used a stick to hold it up, with some duct tape over the top of the door for added security.

Engaging the rollers went ok - this may be the bit which is more difficult on a mk2.

Re fix the regulator.  Remove stick.

Replacing the regulator cable was probably the worst bit. 

Offering up the regulator clamps on the glass and trying it to see if I had the correct position was tedious.

Thanks for the reply. Going to give it a go tomorrow. I'll remove the window scraper too as that's not out yet.

Is that clipped in or anything special or can I just lever it out of the groove?

Any specific Mrk II comments out there?

Thanks