2010 Superb

ROSSKI

Hi Folks, Just looking for a bit of help if possible please?

I have a 2010 Skoda Superb Elegance Estate 170 BHP and I am having an issue with the background dash lights flickering on the rev counter clock (Not oil or arming lights - just the background light for nighttime use) I had it with a garage for a service and they had a look for me and said that the dash light in the car is LED and the whole lot would have to be replaced which would be very expensive.

Is this correct or have I any other alternatives? I know its a small thing but I love the car and it just bugs me?

Thanks - ROSSKI

I'd be looking at the rheostat myself *the roller that adjusts the illumination level on the dash* you could try simply full actioning it low to high high to low a few times, I would also check the car battery terminals for clean contacts as well although this is unlikely,

LED's afaik either work or don't so this replacing of them seems a bit risky to me as you could find it's not them anyway and the new ones will do the same, I'd also check the relay for them as well, I don't know which one it is btw you'll need to ask the dealer or check the manual.