Mid Wales Driving Day Out

stever750

1. Stever750 - White SEAT Leon Cupra
2. Mccarf
3. Toxicvrs Dodgy Clio
4. Skodanorman + Mrs - Rapid 136 or Octavia vRS
5. Jars
6. YellowCar - Mk1 Octavia VRS (oh yeah...yellow)
7. Kieran (facebook) - Rapid 136
8. Barclay (facebook) - Rapid 136
9. Vaidas Juknevicius (facebook)
10. Dave Dearden (facebook) - ? 

11. dbg400 - Yeti

12. nobby1 - Yeti?

13. Sharkrider - fabia II vRS estate / Eunos roadster

14. Malcytul + Mrs

15. steveopc

2. Mccarf
3. Toxicvrs Dodgy Clio
5. Jars

11. dbg400 - Yeti

12. nobby1 - Yeti?

14. Malcytul + Mrs

15. steveopc

16. Gilly & Wibble

17. skud vrs

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right - I'm now booked in for the night before not far out of Llandovery at the Royal Oak Inn, Rhandirmwyn - http://www.theroyaloakinn.co.uk/Site/welcome.html It's a real ale pub that SWMBO picked out for me :)

Current plans are to pop into Stonehouse Brewery, Oswestry on the way down on Saturday around 1pm. I'll get in touch with them to find out how much car parking space they have if anyone else wants to have a mini-meet there. Assuming the weather is good they do have a beer garden...

me + the mrs are up for meeting on the A483 leg as we live just off it.
Octavia Estate ambiente,nature green

Is 10th may deffo ?

Edited by darrene

Right - I'm now booked in for the night before not far out of Llandovery at the Royal Oak Inn, Rhandirmwyn - http://www.theroyaloakinn.co.uk/Site/welcome.html It's a real ale pub that SWMBO picked out for me :)

Current plans are to pop into Stonehouse Brewery, Oswestry on the way down on Saturday around 1pm. I'll get in touch with them to find out how much car parking space they have if anyone else wants to have a mini-meet there. Assuming the weather is good they do have a beer garden...

The Royal Oak is a nice pub!!

Sorry I won't be joining you all, but I'm running an event for my Motor Club down near Cardigan that weekend.

Have a fun and SAFE trip.

me + the mrs are up for meeting on the A483 leg as we live just off it.

Octavia Estate ambiente,nature green

Is 10th may deffo ?

It had better be as I've booked B&B the night before!

I've just realised that setting off the day before gives me a chance to pop into Stonehouse Brewery in Oswestry on the way down. It's a shame they don't do tours on a Saturday, but at least the shop's open. This day out just gets better :)

Depending on work. How do you fancy a mini meet there as it's only a short drive from me

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I might join you. There could be others from this part of the world that might join too

New thread here with details and to get an idea of numbers: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/352419-stonehouse-brewery-oswestry-mini-meet-saturday-9th-may/

I am interested in this. Google reckons that for the whole thing its the best part of 300 miles, but it looks good.

I'll add myself to the list anyway :)

2. Mccarf
3. Toxicvrs Dodgy Clio
5. Jars

11. dbg400 - Yeti

12. nobby1 - Yeti?

14. Malcytul + Mrs

15. steveopc

16. Gilly & Wibble

17. skud vrs

18. meb90 Mk3 Octy estate

I'm doing a recce this weekend hopefully, with the aim of identifying a few cafe/regroup stops en route, and also a place to have lunch in Llanidloes. I'm thinking the Royal Head, there is a large car park within walking distance. I'm going to call them and check they are OK to receive such a large group at once. There are other pubs / and plenty of cafes so there are other options if anyone wants to do something different. I'm thinking that we'll have a predetermined departure time from each stop, so gives folk time to do their own thing and take in the scenery, photos etc.

Just one thing to please note, given the size of the group and the fact there is some organisation behind the day, we have to be extremely careful and considerate, as these organised events or "cruises" often attract lots of negative attention, especially if the standard of driving behaviour becomes inappropriate. With this in mind, a gentle reminder that  you are each solely responsible for your driving and general good conduct. It's not intended as a driving skills day, and certainly is not a race of any sort; it's purely a social event where we like minded car enthusiasts get together in a beautiful part of the world and have a leisurely relaxed day out, in the sun hopefully! Doesn't mean we can't have fun, but please drive sensibly and of course legally!

OK, that's the small print over and done with, once I have a more detailed route plan I'll pop up the details on here. If any of you want my mobile number drop me a PM, I'll take a note on the day anyway in case anyone gets lost etc.

Steve.

• Like 3

I did the a40 from Raglan then picked up the a483 at Llandovery and stayed on it all the way home yesterday. Cracking A road up to Welshpool then went boring after that. Fiat 500L liked it too lol

Bad news. I have to go into hospital sometime sunday for an op Monday morning. I don't know yet what time I am to be admitted into the ward, if it's late enough I'm still coming. Either way, I'll still make sure all of the details are sorted as best they can be, and worst case you guys are on your own, which I'm sure is no big deal. Meantime, keep your eyes pealed for a more detailed itinerary which I hope to post up early next week.

Sorry to hear that Steve. I hope things are okay - be good to see you though if I can make it.

Just like to reiterate your points about driving standards. There is nothing worse than someone going to the trouble of organising something like this for it to then be jeopardised by a small number of idiots. Mind you, I'm talking to fellow Skoda owners, so I'm sure I need not worry. :) 

• Like 2

Hope all is good Steve. I'm disappointed to say I'm down to a maybe as it looks as though swmbo is working so I'll be on sprog duty and such. Will try though and see what I can do.

Hi guys i will not be with you on the weekend because of family problems hope i will be out on anther drive have fun anyway

Unfortunately, I'm going in Sunday afternoon, so am not going to be able to make this Sunday, am really disappointed but nothing i can do about it.

Meantime, I've not been able to get in touch with the pub in Llanidloes, but that's where I'd recommend you all stop for lunch.

Here's a couple of regroup points:

On the A470 after Newbridge on Wye, at Pines Caravan Park, there is a Texaco garage with cafe:

https://www.google.c...,-3.4975304,16z

https://www.google.c...XH9vLaFu2Qg!2e0

The car park in Llanidloes is called the groe:

https://www.google.c...de338e87fa88158

There's a few places then southwards on the A483 after you regroup again in Newtown (I would have met in Tesco, big car park, and a cafe), and finally in Builth there is a Little Chef on the left as you enter the town.

https://www.google.c...f13554b8b7c5ba2

Hope you all enjoy the day out, and drive safely!

Steve.

OK, lets meet at the Co-op car park in Llandovery. I think it would make sense to depart at 10:15 or thereabouts, so I would suggest meeting in the car park some time before that. The postcode for the car park is:  SA20 0RA

• Like 3