Speeding fines on motorways and camera vans

ang9444

Guest Cossiecol

:no:  No court for me, just a fine and points. (2009)

I got caught at a higher speed (but less than 96) in 2006 and got the offer of points and fine or court.......erm points please!!!

But now it's points AND fine right?

Always has been the case you get both- either a FPN of 3 points/£100 or a trip to see the magistrates when they decide how many points you get and how much you pay.

If they do send you a NIP and offer a speed awareness course I would take it 

Not every speeding offence had the offer of a SAC. Think it up to 20 mph over the advertised speed limit for the road you were caught speeding on.

I asked the nice traffic cop who got me if I would get the offer of the SAC, he said unlikely as I was going too fast, I asked nicely if I could attend the course twice to make up for it  He still said no........................ :no:

• Like 1

What is the deal now with new Drivers, and points on the Licence, how many, and how soon after passing your test?

I notified my Insurance of my last 3 Points,

So only 1 charge of £18 Administration Charge to change schedule, 2 Policies Waived on the £18,

Any Changes to the Policy will be at renewal.

Then another broker was no charge for notifying them,

& the Policy Renewal will be in the door any day now for the Renewal,

so i will see what 80 in a 70 cost over and above the £100, soon enough.

6 points in a year iirc or it might be 2, I'm pretty close to it is all I know

Oh okay, just reading about court and fines atm, i know i can't change anything now but i can't stop thinking about the consequences :/

I'd advise of getting a snooper satnav with camera detection and beeping every time you go over limit, it's great. That along with the Speed awareness course has made me a lot more sensible on the road.

It is a good thing IMO in the Fabias that have Speed Limit Warnings you can set, and Winter Tyre Warnings. which gives you 2 possible speeds,

to set maybe 10 mph apart.

Re Detectors etc.

Cheaper in the long run to stick to the NSL's, then you do not need to stress on getting caught over them.

(i have no shame faced icon, but i have T-Shirts.)

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

You had the answer right in post 32 - don't speed. Camera detectors do nothing for your situational awareness, infact they make it worse. If youre not looking out for speed cameras, youre not looking out for kids running along the pavement etc. Keep your eyes all around you and don't do anything silly.

• Like 1

I'm always careful and slow when it comes to residential areas, sometimes i drift off on the motorway and find myself speeding by accident as the engine is fairly quiet around 90mph so i didn't even realise but there was no excuse of course.

6 points in a year iirc or it might be 2, I'm pretty close to it is all I know

Do you not read the previous posts, man? :)

I answered that earlier, and it's 6 in 2 years, unless you have pre-test points inside the preceding 3 years, when those points come back into play

• Like 2

As said DON'T worry about it. I have lost count of the number of speed cameras and hand held devices I have driven past when doing above the limit. Also early one Sunday a.m. I drove across a pedestrian light at red as the place was deserted and whoever pressed the button long, gone when I noticed a camera  :o .

I too worried and waited sheepishly for the postman on each occasion but thankfully I never heard anything.

The answer is don't speed but sometimes it seems we just have to do it.. :finger:   :giggle:

It's not worth losing your licence over, keep the speed for the track as I've learnt whilst being close to losing my job as I wouldn't be able to drive

Me too, was on 9 points whilst driving between 30-35,000 miles a year, pooping myself and I had my motorbike then as well. Clean license now but sweaty cheeks time about 7-8 years ago.

It could've just been a VOSA van checking for Road Tax but the police have 14 days to inform you so panic time for a week or so, I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Like 1