Question re circuit for heated seats in 2014 Fabia

greendragon54

Hi,  I have just fitted a dashcam to my 2014 Fabia 1.2. I connected the power supply to the spare socket in the fusebox for the heated seats which only live when the ignition is on (no heated seats in my vehicle, so spare socket).  I have also used a coupler to provide power to a USB cable so that I can charge my mobile phone and/or run my satnav on this circuit.

All seemed well for the first 50 minutes of the journey, then the dashcam turned itself off and did so repeatedly each time it was turned back on again.  I tested the camera at home via a USB cable and it ran, quite happily, for over 3 hours - so I am satisfied that the camera is working OK.

Question: Does the power to the heated seats have a timer and/or a thermostat built in somewhere that reduces/turns off the power?

I have changed the socket that I have plugged the fused supply into - it is now in the unused socket for the mobile phone. The camera appears to be functioning there (I have only done journeys of up to 30 minutes since switching) but the supply doesn't appear to be sufficient to charge my mobile phone or power my satnav from this source.

Edited by greendragon54

Have you used a piggy back fuse?

You can tap into the rear wiper connection as it's a switched live, and will have plenty of power to charge a phone.

Thank you for the response - yes, I used a piggyback fuse. I chose an empty socket but shall shall try changing it to the wiper connection as you suggest - thanks.