Picked up new Yeti today

PaveyArk

If yours was built WK 47 it should have the new system, mine was Wk46 and has the new Bolero if that helps at all

I'm confused about the radio in the Yeti. If you order an SE today, which do you get? ...and is the manual on-line?

I'm confused about the radio in the Yeti. If you order an SE today, which do you get? ...and is the manual on-line?

Manuals are on-line Here

Just make sure you chose the right production date.

Edited by Urrell

• 5 weeks later...

PaveyArk, can you kind post a photo of the New Amundsen in your Yeti.

Tks. kindly.

Here are 3 photos of the new Amundsen Navigation. Pics of the radio, navigation and media screen (I'm currently listening to an audiobook from the SD card). Incidentally, despite everything being stored on SD card, there is no lag in navigation and everything works fast and slick. Hopefully the link works:-

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15oqs3qWYuPt

• Like 1

Is the built in one as programmable ( eg indirect tourist route, favourite routes etc ) as a portable eg tomtom?

There are many different routing options:- Economical, Fastest, Shortest and Dynamic. Dynamic constantly updates the routing based on TMC (traffic information). I must say though, I've not really used it in anger yet so I can't really say how well it stacks up against the tomtom. It does seem quite easy to use, but after 8 years of tomtom ownership it will enevitably take a while for me to get to grips with.

^^^^ being retired and in no hurry to necessarily get anywhere fast I'm not sure if my TomTom isn't better suited to my less efficient, but more pleasant, routes .

We're just back from the mountains and you might be interested in the Craig's Hut track we used today to get to the hut.

All up, today ~200km of v ordinary dusty and rough dirt tracks with nary a squeak back on the black stuff.

What an all-rounder!

Sorry for being an old muppet but iPad 'links' are beyond me I'm afraid but it's the film set for the film 'The Man From Snowy River'

The track and hut are on YouTube though if interested in Yeti's ability.

Ah!  Memory Lane!   We went up to Craig's Hut in 2004 during a family visit to Melbourne.  I seem to remember that it was burnt out soon after, but must surely have been re-built.  I drove my cousin's Subaru sedan up there and put a ding in a sill by clipping a broken branch on the track - there'd been a bush fire through the area a month or two before and the dirt track was littered with debris.