Airbag Fault light on

Hello there,

I have a 2008 Skoda Fabia 1.4Tdi with 94,000 miles. A great little car.

The airbag warning light has come on 2 days after it passed the MOT  :D

My code reader shows fault code 654 which is the 'Seat belt Tensioner igniter 1-N153'.

Clearing the fault doe not reset the warning light.

My question is which seat belt is the fault referring to - passenger or driver's side?

(I ask as some german sites refer to the 'drivers' side' - so it can get confusing what this actually means in the UK).

Thanks for your advice.

Edited by ddentrec

• 2 months later...

Hi there, i have had the exact same problem 'seat belt igniter' with my fabia recently, took it to a garage and they said it came up as 'driverside' and apparantly traced it to a high resistance connection, ie. the plugs, so they cleaned the plugs out and reconnected them and eventually it cleared, been ok for the last few weeks until today!!

light came back on today and it was accompanied by the light on the dash for the passenger airbag, only this light was flashing whilst the one on my cluster is solid.

Seems this may be an inherent problem?

ps. you say you have a code reader that also allows you to clear faults, may i ask where from / how much it costed you? as i may be purchasing one myself for future use, if it is again a wiring problem (ie. high resistance) i work as a sparky and may fix the problem myself, just clearing it is the problem when im done :)

Hope things go well for you and if i find out whats causing mine ill post back here and let you know!