Special edition? I'm not convinced.

It's hardly 'privacy glass' in a standard car, it's not like it's an aftermarket tint, so if people have a problem seeing out of it at night they really shouldn't be driving at night

Whatever the explanation is it's all very. very odd

The privacy glass, which is only fitted to the SE, is 20% transmission. It's a very heavy tint and at night you can see almost nothing out the back when reversing.

Post 15 in this thread.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/340420-special-edition-im-not-convinced/?p=4092737

B33fy posted that it was, I checked myself and confirmed it. Slow witted as well as slow to accelerate?

Try this:

http://vagisil.com/products-uk/?gclid=CJmYuMeRnsMCFSWJ2wodxl0A7A

Pictures don't always give an accurate impression

They give a perfectly accurate indication of comparative transmission between the front windows, which are only slightly tinted (5-10%).

And I have driven plenty of VAG vehicles with privacy glass, and it's pretty dark looking out the back in the dark.

I had an SE

It was sunset glass, not privacy glass

I didn't feel it hampered my driving in the dark one single bit

Thanks for clarifying that :)

If it's correct what the earlier poster said that front glass is 5-10, 20 can't be that bad

It's not driving forwards that is the problem. It's reversing at night.

The front windows are 5% tinted, the rears are 80% tinted. As a comparison, the green sunband at the top of the screen is 50% tinted at the bottom. The rears are sufficiently dark you can't see what is on the back seat if you look in from the outside.

Considering that the seats are gone you'll never know what number it is.

In Europe they also got the Race Blue run out model, but it was a Skoda UK decision to fit numbered leather seats.

So the EU "SE" cars have stock VRS seats and no numbering.

The SE number is on the seats and nowhere else as it was a Skoda UK idea, they fitted the seats after the cars arrived in the UK.

• Like 2

Considering that the seats are gone you'll never know what number it is.

In Europe they also got the Race Blue run out model, but it was a Skoda UK decision to fit numbered leather seats.

So the EU "SE" cars have stock VRS seats and no numbering.

The SE number is on the seats and nowhere else as it was a Skoda UK idea, they fitted the seats after the cars arrived in the UK.

So potentially it's an import?

There's no way the rears on my SE were 80% tints. IIRC they were only a further 10-15% darker than the fronts.

Meant to provide shade for the people sitting in the back, not stopping anyone from seeing in.

Here are 2 pictures of mine from the day I picked it up - you can see the difference between front and rear.

501100183_f64eee3898_s.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/LhgC6'>501100169_19827a71b7_s.jpg

(edit to add - anyone know how i get it to show the full size picture, not a tiny version ?)