Cambelt Change Dealer to change?

Hi Guys after a little advice, put a deposit down on a 2011 Superb Estate from a Skoda dealer in Birmingham, having spoken to the sale exec via email I have found that the cambelt will be due a change in Sept, is this something that I should be able to get the dealer to do before I take delivery at the dealers cost as the car is a Skoda Approved vehicle,  The car has 44K on it and is a 2011 car

I suppose it all depends on your negotiating skills, how much the dealer needs the sale and perhaps on how keen the negotiated price was. Probably would have been easier to achieve before you put down the deposit. If you get the work done, make sure the water pump is changed too.

It's not due till 2016....... I had it confirmed by Skoda UK that cars built after September 30th 2010 have a 5 year cambelt interval. My dealership also confirmed this but only after i questioned why i'd received an e-mail from them saying it was due in November 2014. (My car was Built in October 2010 and registered November 2010).

Obviously if they are willing to do it for free then you may as well let them get on with it but it isn't actually due for well over another 18 months yet. ;)

• Like 1

Definitely not due until 2016 so no chance of getting them to pay! lol

Usually the only time they do it is if it's actually due or within a month from the date of sale.

Mine was about a month overdue and they insisted on doing it before I bought it so didn't even need to ask.

Phil

• Like 1