What shocks and springs are best for MK1 fabia VRS

Moseez

Hey all wonder if anyone can help iv got a Mk1 fabia VRS and I'm looking to improve it's handling etc before doing anything power wise. Been looking at the Bilstein B4 shocks and the Eibach 30mm pro springs setup didn't want to spend too much, or want a particularly hard ride, is there anyone out there that can recommend anything mid price range with good results

A few have had the koni str.t kits, they look good. I will be fitting the vogtland kit week after next when I am off, some good things on them too. Prob a bit cheap but mine is only a mile mumcher on good roads and the std stuff is 136k old so a bit past it.

AP are said to be very good value and a lot on here recommend them. They do a spring/shock kit which lowers ~25mm for £260 which is a bargain or a full coil-over kit for £460 which lowers between 35-60mm

• Like 2

Sounds like it might be a good idea to save a little more n go with the AP coilies had a look through the forums earlier and saw a few guys suggesting them sound good for the money too. cheers for the quick responses chaps

KW or Eibach springs.

Koni FSD or Bilstein B8 dampers.

Looking at prices these days, aim to spend £500 on the bits plus labour.... Maybe get on a group buy on one of the forums.

I would say £200 -> Budget, £500 ->midrange -> £800+ high end.

Eibach springs and Koni FSD shock absorbers is the classic combination. Not a massive drop, but the ride is still good and the car looks sensible on 17" wheels.

My mates got a unit so would just get him to help me fit em, also I think darkside can get some parts cheaper like shocks etc so gunna fire them an email see what the B8's would be n if they can get those in thanks again for the replies appreciate the help

A search of this forum will bring up plenty of threads with useful information. I'm at a similar stage and have looked into this quite a lot. No doubt your car is quite old now, so it may be worth thinking of changing the bushes and other components at the same time.

I'm going to be changing all bushes front and rear, ball joints and top mounts with the bearings. It would be silly not to while it's all apart just depends on your budget. I just paid 171 odd for top mounts, bearings and ball joints and a couple of bumper clips, but that's all from tps and genuine. You may also want to change drop links if you can afford it.

Depends why your changing? If it's handling then don't look for the cheapest, otherwise you'd be driving a Hyundai wouldn't you? There cheap as chips cars or have you brought a vrs for a reason?

It's an 05 plate with 68k on the clock. Drives very well just wanted that bit more grip round corners etc iv decided to go with AP coilies they sound like what I'm looking for good results for a decent price, got it booked in for a full service so I'm going to have him check stuff while it's in the air see what needs replacing. Bonus comes in April so got time to save n shop round abit yet

Hey all wonder if anyone can help iv got a Mk1 fabia VRS and I'm looking to improve it's handling etc before doing anything power wise. Been looking at the Bilstein B4 shocks and the Eibach 30mm pro springs setup didn't want to spend too much, or want a particularly hard ride, is there anyone out there that can recommend anything mid price range with good results

You can't go wrong with that setup.

/thread