New here-have a DAB radio issue

GeneralPig

I like my little Skoda. It's a no frills little car and gets good MPG.

Yesterday, I fitted a digital radio (Sony CX-DAB5000U). Its a massive improvement over the factory unit-which was awaful and nearly unlistenable to at high speeds.

However, it has a couple of issues. Firstly, it will only get analogue-the DAB comes up with no service. I've auto tuned it several times-no joy. I've ensured that the power to the aerial amp is on. I live in a good reception area. It's wired in properly. The aerial is installed properly. Sony are useless for support.

Secondly, the analogue radio won't store in memory after I turn the unit off. I've read somewhere about switching wires over at the back of the unit but can't remember wuich.

Any help gratefully received.

Well, after much searching through this forum, I found the thread that mentioned the yellow/ red wire swap. Done that, and it seems to be memorising channels in FM.

I bought a different DAB aerial and replaced the previous one. I can now get a whole ONE channel.

I'll fit the new speakers next. Taking a Skoda door off is more complicated than on my last car, a VW Passat. I took one off, then found that the speakers are pop riveted in! How dumb is that? I'll have to drill them all out.

Edited by GeneralPig

• 4 weeks later...

I did roughly the same job just after Xmas too mate.

What kinda Aerial are you using?
I went for the cheap and easy way of buying an adaptor / booster for my existing Aerial and fitted it to that.

Also yeah... the wire switch needed to be done.

It works bang on but being around Chesterfield, there are certain areas of town where you cant get a signal.

Edited by Rivers