Front Park Sensors,change to permanently active.

Hello all.

Following an incident at red traffic lights when the car infront  rolled back into my much loved superb even after me keeping back approx. 5 foot.I was stationery with hand break on and not looking forward,was looking at adverts in shop window.

Yes there was damage to my car,mainly the number plate smashed to lots of pieces and small dent behind number plate :sick: .

I would like the front park sensors to be on permanently to alert me of a car rolling back,i know it will not stop a roll back but at least I could sound my horn (its reassuringly loud !) and the look on my face will shock the driver :swear: .

Is there a way of switching these front sensors on permanent ? other wise I need to manually switch on via the button on gear leaver surround which is easy to forget.

The sensor bleeping alert can be disabled on the Columbus screen if required in dense traffic or similar times.

Thanks for any help :thumbup: .

Edit,elegance 2012 park assist (factory fit). much loved and respected work horse....

Edited by superb4me

Don't think so. My former Citroen C5 had front sensors enabled at lower speeds, so it also worked when parking. I've asked in this forum previously, but it doesn't seem possible on VAG cars :(

I think that manually switching on via the button is the only way.

The car is programmed to automatically switch them off once a certain speed is reached (around 15 km/h I believe) and I have not seen anything in VCDS to adapt the speed which this happens at or to override it completely.

Permanently active will drive you insane. A previous car I bought had front and rear sensors that had failed. They said they would sort it for me, which they did: with an after market job, which left the front sensors on permanently.

I didn't mind the idea of this at the time, so I let it ride. In reality: every downpour (so the whole of spring and most of winter), and every overgrown verge (so the whole of the summer and most of autumn) the sensors would go off every 5 or 10 minutes, reminding me of the obvious.

Edited by JakeBlade

Thank you all for the replies,yes I have looked at the past posts here but I was hoping there was some advance in tech stuffs.

Once again.many thanks for taking time to reply.

Another post/message soon...so much better info here than being in a dealers comfy carpeted showroom !. cheers all.

Cheers all.