Rust spots on lower door

triple7

No....not even auto

Currently at Mercedes Benz world and about to drive some AMG stuff

With towbar? :giggle:

Fred 

just to throw in my 2p worth, wife has a 2011 elegance spec yeti, when we purchased she noticed some rust on the fronts, DM Keith in leeds sorted the full thing within 2 weeks, ended up with 2 brand new front doors, and repairs on the rears where the effected parts were, fantastic service from them once again, really cannot rate our dealer and sales guy (As he did most of the work) enough.

good luck op i hope you get yours sorted :)

Bodyshop gave just phoned with their promised update. The o/s rear door is so badly pitted that they have requested authorisation for a new door. The others are ok and can be repaired. A bit worrying for a 17000 mile 30 month old car.

Anyway I can keep the Golf for another week....so no auto and no tow bar. Luckily I don't need the trailer at the moment so it's not too bad.

The Golf runs on fresh air. Well about 60mpg on a run.

It feels a bit under powered though.....not helped by hooning around MB Worlds track in a 560 Bhp C63 and the off road in a ML up and down a 67 degree slope earlier in the day.

I did have a good look round a GLA and it does seem very nice inside.....

Took ours into DM Keith yesterday. They are trying to push to get it repaired under warranty but it's all academic now as we ordered a new one while we were in. Now our car is going to become theirs I strongly suspect the repair will be under warranty...

Wife couldn't resist the urge of a new one with a bit of a deal and ours has been great so looking forward to a few years in another

SUK have refused the VW Dealer repairer a new door. They gave been instructed to fix the old one. I'm not happy. Looks like it will be another week before I get my car back.

I'm not sure what to do when it does return. Might be time to start looking

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting silly. Phoned up today to see if my car was ready. They have painted 2 doors and will do the other 2 tomorrow. They have had the car nearly 3 weeks......got to be a record. But not a good one

If you take the car away after the Warranty Repairs maybe have an Independent Qualified & Professional Painter inspect the car, and check if the finish is or not as to Skoda Factory Spec. It should be.

(Correct finish, not Faulty Factory Finish that can have premature corrosion)  

If the Exterior or interior as the car is waiting for collection is not perfect and as a car in the showroom should be,

just do not accept it back.

Have the Dealership get a Skoda UK Warranty Manager to come and Inspect the Quality of the repair & finish.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Thanks for the advice. It will be scrutinised within an inch of its life. Mrs 33Q, a retired lawyer, is attending collection....whenever that may be.

They have just phoned.....not ready today. Painter has buffed through the paint and one door has got be done again.....you couldn't make it up.....trouble is its true..

Check the foils on the rear doors carefully for bubbles, blisters or water trapped underneath.

Mine may be going back for a third attempt at getting these right.

We called at the repairer's after lunch today. Asked to see my car and they readily agreed...good job! Still quite a bit of trim to fit but I noticed one of the rear door foils had been fitted over the dirt on the inside of the door. Oh we'll clean that off........but the dirt is trapped in the adhesive .....ok we'll put another on.....

The paint looks good and in the workshop light it appears to match

They did say it will be ready in an hour over 2 hours ago

The pigs are gathering on the runway......

• Like 1

Just phoned me.......they bubbled the protection foil and two rubbing strips are needed for the doors

The pigs are just waiting for air traffic control ......

Friday......?????

Well it's back and ok. The paint seems very good. The only slight problem is one of the foils has a few bubbles. They are small and they suggest they will disappear. I'm sceptical but having put a few phone cover protection films on I decided to give it a chance.

The only slight puzzle otherwise is that on the original foils the inside edge of the door had 'slash ' cuts but the new ones are cut to fit just over the inside edge. Are the new ones like this or have they fitted them wrong?

Mine were fitted just a few months back and they had a series of cuts so the foil could wrap around to the inside of the door.

I'll grab some pictures in a minute as I'm off out shortly.

I sort of suspect they have trimmed them. They do look much neater and previously they were a real muck trap and impossible to fully clean. My concern is that they will lift over time as they only just return over the door edge.

I sort of suspect they have trimmed them. They do look much neater and previously they were a real muck trap and impossible to fully clean. My concern is that they will lift over time as they only just return over the door edge.

This might help LINK - its in the Briskoda Yeti Technical Guides section..............Tony