Plumbers gold or Shell tixophalte?

fozzie

Wow Sam, you've really made sure they have sealed! :D

Yeah i went ott but they were ****ing me off, could see water staining runing down in a few different places and some of the rivits were loose. Atleast i wont have to worry about it now!

Ok thanks, I know this might sound silly but I see plumbers gold comes in black,white and clear does the colour make any difference?

Thanks

Get the white or the black. Easier to see/work with and easier to see problems with (if?!?) afterwards.

PG for me.  Took a few weeks for the damp to finally dry up but I applied it when the weather was crappy (no choice as so much was coming through) and it eventually sealed and set.  Great job.  I bought a cheap Ebay sourced pack of plastic putty knives for popping off the door cards and applying the PG.  Used white as easy to see where it had been applied.  Don't forget (as most do LoL) to wipe the area down first with Meths or similar to degrease otherwise it wont adhere properly and you'll have the task of stripping it all off and starting again (as I did  :swear: )

I have tried several local outlets of plumbers, plumbers merchants etc to locate some Plumbers Gold and they had never even heard of it so, I'm at a bit of a loss. Can anyone give any suggestions as to where I might get some? I am in the West central belt of Scotland.