Fabia Vrs Mk1 Lost Boost

JJHKENT

Hey all, I'm fairly new here but im now on my second Fabia vRS.

Yesterday I decided to take the car out for a blast as it's been stuck doing town drives for a couple of weeks, at around 4,000rpm I lost all boost, no smoke noises or anything so thought I've blow a pipe.

However parked up checked the top boost pipes no problems, and no rushing air noises lower down. Went and did my shopping, came back to the car connected up my phone and Torque Pro app, drove slowly with barely no boost for 10 mins or so no problems or faults, drove the rest of the way home with boost maxing at 1.5Bar which I can only assume is about right with a remap?

Now I haven't owned the car that long however it still has the EGR valve in place with blanking plates where the EGR pipe goes, also the vacuum hoses are still connected.

Is there any possibility the EGR valve stuck shut cutting all boost? Or could it have been a limp mode? Although as I say no fault codes except the EGR code which is always there.

Many Thanks

Jason

Well it already had the engine management light up for the EGR so not sure if anything else came up, however once I scanned fault codes there was nothing except EGR, so not to sure what happened! All I could try is driving that hard while having Torque Pro linked up to see if it happens again!

If it was working at full boost again after being turned off, something somewhere has triggered limp home mode.  I would hazard a guess at overboost.  It's the usual suspect as a boost leak / hose tends to be more of a physical permanent problem until you fix the issue.  Overboost is more "internal" if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your suggestions, had a very quick blast this morning all seems ok but live to close to work! Run the car up to 4500rpm in 4th and seemed great, but a very short run.

And although i havent checked bottom pipe its boosting well.

Will take it for a longer run later, possibly could have overboosted as i was pushing it hard.

I will have to have a search for the Mr Muscle trick!

Give the car a good blast and hold the revs high for a min or 2 this will help clear the vanes if it limp modes again u might have to get it cleaned or do the Mr muscle trick

Just read up on the Mr Muscle trick and i will definately give it a go, although car will be getting booked in with Darkside Developmens as soon as funds alow for a GTB kit to be fitted! :D

Just read up on the Mr Muscle trick and i will definately give it a go, although car will be getting booked in with Darkside Developmens as soon as funds alow for a GTB kit to be fitted! :D

fit the GTB setup yourself and save yaself a fortune, DS are very very expensive for what you are getting

fit the GTB setup yourself and save yaself a fortune, DS are very very expensive for what you are getting

ah ok, i was thinking of getting them to do it as they do the custom remap also, im in kent so wasnt sure there where any good diesel tuners down here? Suggestions welcome though

ah ok, i was thinking of getting them to do it as they do the custom remap also, im in kent so wasnt sure there where any good diesel tuners down here? Suggestions welcome though

What about AmD in thurrock near lakeside ? I heard there good with diesel remapping .

use Faboka off here and use the remote mapping service http://www.hidden-power.co.uk/ 

buy your turbo setup off Xman save yaself a fortune

wow thanks very much, just had a quick look on xmans ebay page! however there may be another issue i have to resolve first.....

so did an oil change 200miles ago, old oil was clean just for peace of mind, so as you know the car overboosted, just checkes oil level, perfect. took thr oil filler cap off ); yep the milky filler cap.....

soo no overheating issues etc could tje head of lifted when it overboosted? i would assume not.

to the best of my knowledge i believe this car is running a PD130 Hybrid turbo with a conservative 170bhp map.

Edited by JJHKENT

What about AmD in thurrock near lakeside ? I heard there good with diesel remapping .

ive heard both good and bad things, im not sure what is an average cost for a custom remap but they chatge £495, is that about right?