Which Gearbox Oil? - Fabia vRS SE

TrueGooner1991

After determining that the filler and drain plug for the gearbox is a 10mm allen and not a m16, just wondering what gearbox oil is needed for my 07 mk1 fabia vRS SE.

I know it is stamped on the gearbox itself but it is quite faded, and I could ask the local Skoda dealers but I'm not very trusting of them here in Ireland. Fuchs 75w80 seems to be highly recommended, but there seems to be a few part numbers for the OEM oil, can anyone help?

P.S I am changing the oil as it seems quite balky in getting into 1st gear in cold weather, any other suggestions apart from oil is greatly appreciated

oh i know how to change the gear oil, have done it before mate, it needs a 10mm allen as i said in my OP. I called 1 of the local dealers here in Ireland today and he said 'i dont give out the part number, very unhelpful i must say, he was also looking for €110 for 3 litres of the stuff  :dull:  i know the oil aint cheap but seriously, think i might look at the fuchs 75w80 option.  :D  thanks for the number for that stoke stealers number, not much use though as im in Kildare in Ireland  :D  :D

• 2 weeks later...