Maybe i will buy it before the end of the week...

albero78

Dear all,

I have been following this and other forums on the yeti for a while. 

I'm Italian and I live in Belgium and last week I was here in Brussels at the car exhibition and I received the following offer that now it is tempting me a lot.

Yeti Outdoor ambition 1.4 TSI

Jungle Green

Panoramic roof

Sport seats

Front and back Parking sensors 

parking camera

Improved audio system (I do not know the details since I do not have the offer with me now)

Sport exhaust

Electric-foldable external rearviewmirrors

Rubbish bin

carpets

(and maybe other small stuff that now I do not remember)

Of course things such Amudsen GPS and Cruise Control are included in the Ambition equipment.

Price: around 20500€

What do you think?

I take the opportunity to ask about the front parking sensors. How do they work? How are they activated? Is it worth to have them considering that they cost me 300€?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi, as far as the parking sensors go, I wouldn't be without the front ones. The rear ones are standard in UK. The front sensors come on when reverse gear is selected. If you wish to activate front sensors without selecting reverse (i.e. going forward only in to a parking space) there is a switch on the lower centre dash to turn them on. Well worth the money in my opinion!

Personally, I wouldn't bother with front parking sensors on a Yeti since (unless you are relatively short) it is very easy to see where the front of the car is. I can place it accurately to within 5 or so centimetres. We have front sensors on our other car where the bonnet drops away, and there they are much more useful.

However, if you are tempted, as mentioned earlier in the thread, check how the price difference between front sensors and park assist - in the UK, the difference is so small you may as well go for park assist.

Front sensors are some £350? I've never had a car with rear, let alone front sensors and never once touched anything. I'm surprised folk think they are important, seem more like a gimmick to me.

Drum brakes, cross ply tyres MW radio and non halogen lights all fine by me. I've touched things with full sensors me!!

I've never had a car with rear, let alone front sensors and never once touched anything. I'm surprised folk think they are important, seem more like a gimmick to me.

That's what I thought when I got my Fabia, It's not just cars and walls but pedestrians walking behind in blind spot. I would not be without them now and for reversing into tight spaces they are very helpful.

Same with things like cruise control, that gets used probably upwards of 80% of the time.

I have had front parking sensors on other cars in the past and thought they were pretty pointless and my 2 other cars have no parking sensors at all.

Therefore when I ordered the Yeti I didn't tick the front-sensor option - and on taking delivery immediately realised I'd made an error.

The Yeti is the first car I have ever owned (and I've had about 30) where I struggle to accurately place the front edge of the car. In hindsight the sensors would have been Well Worth It!

You live and learn...

• Like 2

Front sensors are some £350? I've never had a car with rear, let alone front sensors and never once touched anything. I'm surprised folk think they are important, seem more like a gimmick to me.

I can park a car without sensors perfectly happily, but I still like them on the Yeti. To me they're like xenons, autodimming mirrors and adaptive  headlights - not essential, but darned useful.

• Like 2

Having once collided with a bollard that was invisible in my mirrors I don't consider them to be a gimmick. The rear sensors have a field of view that includes the rear quarters and would have seen the aggressive bollard that attacked me!

I'm not sure about the front sensors and that price does seem a bit OTT.

Fred