Connecting a Moto G to a Bolero by cable

x19

I have a 2011 140 with a standard Bolero radio without Bluetooth.

The question is as the title to be post, can I connect the phone (Android) to the radio by a suitable cable. The radio has a button marked "phone" on it.

The radio has a jack plug socket in the cubbyhole between the front seats for the auxiliary connection.

I have asked Motorola about this and they seem to think (not being familiar with the particular radio) that it can't. However if you can't connect a phone by cable, given it doesn't appear to have any wifi/Bluetooth capability there is not much point in having the phone facility on the radio.

The radio handbook is about as much use as ear ache in answering the question, so I wondered if any of the knowledgeable members of the forum could assist.

Thanks in anticipation.

I use a Moto G with Bluetooth, haven't tried any other way but I guess you could connect the "headphones" out jack on the Moto G to the input in the Yeti and use it that way. You will only get very limited usefulness - just what is output to headphones.

Edited by Expatman

Yes, I think that the 3.5mm jack plug is for audio (ie MP3 and the like) not for phone connection, although it might work to an extent.

The phone button is a standard button on all boleros in case the bluetooth module is fitted.

You may be able to get one fitted?

Sorry,

I am sure more informed members will reply in more detail.

John

Thanks for the replies chaps - they pretty much echo what the man from Motorola said. He reckoned you could probably use a jack to jack cable to play music over the car radio from the phone but not much else.

CJ's explanation for the phone button fits with Skoda's usual approach to these sorts of things, e.g one user guide for all models of Yeti.

To be honest I very rarely use the phone in the car but it was more out of interest to see if it could be done.

Anyway thanks for again for the replies.

Bluetooth is an option on the lower spec models.

MDI is a very worthwhile addition (optional on most/all models) if you plan to play a lot of music from your phone and want radio/steering wheel control + charging.

Maybe I am just lucky, but I get steering wheel control of my Apple mobile 'phone music using bluetooth. No need of an MDI...

Also (and oddly) if I am playing a youtube item I get full screen video whilst driving!