DSG Noises

Posted this a while ago but forgot about it until skoda could take a look.

So dsg in manual 2nd gear and above, on the throttle up to anything above 2k Rpm, come off the throttle to let the revs drop and there is a loud very fast clicking/ chain type noise coming from underneath. Very noticeable from outside or with the Windows down. Skoda tech apparently couldn't hear it when he just drove it (no exaggeration, it's pretty easy to hear!).

Not saying it means something is broken, but it also doesn't sound right.

Anyone come across this before? Mine's a 14plate vrs.

Cheers.

Mine has a similar noise 2013 plate and noticed it the the first few hundred miles.  You hear it more in under ground car parks and going over speed bumps.  Apparently  this is normal behaviour for the DSG box.

There are loads of videos on youtube even the newer 2015 GTI Golf has the same noise. 

As above, they make all sorts of noises. Unless its completely not working or the changes are very jerky I wouldn't worry personally. If it's really bothering you, try a different VWG garage and see what they say.

Mine will make a similar sounding noise to what you describe when allowing it to creep in traffic (D2) when the revs are very low- it sounds like its about to stall/is riding the clutch on the limit, but again this is normal.

Someone will be along in a bit to say they shouldn't make any noises, but given the searches I've done on here and elsewhere it's normal to me and I'm not worried about it at all.  It still does what I want it to do.

• Like 1

If you fancy a shock have a listen to the dsg in the R35 GTR , it sounds a tumble dryer full of spanners ! A few noises are normal for these

• Like 1

Mmmmmmmm, Ducati..... owned by the Volkswagen Group,

so if you want a swap maybe just ask them if you can.

Or if they might offer a Ducati Engined Citigo any time in the Future,  

Twin Engine front and rear would be nice.

Mmmmmmmm, Ducati..... owned by the Volkswagen Group,

so if you want a swap maybe just ask them if you can.

Or if they might offer a Ducati Engined Citigo any time in the Future,

Twin Engine front and rear would be nice.

George, is that you? Or has Bossfox hacked your account?

• Like 2