20mm spacers on mk1

adsvrs

I've got mudflaps and just 5mm front and 8mm rear took it right to the edge of those. Perfect for me. Not lowered yet but doesn't look like it needs to be so much anymore. Doesn't take much to make a difference and I have noticed slight handling benefits on the rear particularly.

I've got mudflaps and just 5mm front and 8mm rear took it right to the edge of those. Perfect for me. Not lowered yet but doesn't look like it needs to be so much anymore. Doesn't take much to make a difference and I have noticed slight handling benefits on the rear particularly.

Have you got these on the spiders? 17inch?

Did u use longer wheel bolts on the 5mm on the front?

Thanks

I did just to be safe, 30mm, standard thread length is 27/28 so basically add spacer on. I went 35mm rear. You could probably go 8mm both ends or 8 and 10. In future I may put 8 on front and get 10 for the back if I lower it. With 5 and 8 the wheels are still within the arch but not drowned by them. A subtle but nice difference. I got creations motorsport hubcentric ones, well made good value. They reckoned standard bolts in 5mm would be fine but I wanted to be extra safe.

20mm spacer's are quite wide if got std VRS spiders tbh

If you are not lowered probably ok but will stick out of arch a little.

No way would i be able to fit 20mm on my lowered VRS

I went with 12mm front and 8 mm rear

also you should add the extra spacer width to the length of the wheel bolts so yes you will need longer bolt's.

here is mine with spacers as above

01797a3d-fa7f-44cd-b346-f5157392740f_zps

Edited by Bowders1

I did just to be safe, 30mm, standard thread length is 27/28 so basically add spacer on. I went 35mm rear. You could probably go 8mm both ends or 8 and 10. In future I may put 8 on front and get 10 for the back if I lower it. With 5 and 8 the wheels are still within the arch but not drowned by them. A subtle but nice difference. I got creations motorsport hubcentric ones, well made good value. They reckoned standard bolts in 5mm would be fine but I wanted to be extra safe.

Yeah I've seen there spacers on eBay glad u said there good cos they are the ones I wanted :-) where did u get the bolts from?

I need spacers because Ive got my brembos going on the front with 330mm discs need about 5mm with spiders dont know if anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

Bolts were ebay, I ordered creations spacers direct. There's a guy on ebay who will also do staggered lockers with the same key. BIMEC bolts they are, they're fine. Can get black as well but I cheated and got black caps, worked out a lot cheaper, not got lockers yet though. Not sure on size needed for brake clearance but sure someone will confirm. Could use search or Google, bound to have been spoken about.

Edited by YellowCar

Bolts were ebay, I ordered creations spacers direct. There's a guy on ebay who will also do staggered lockers with the same key. BIMEC bolts they are, they're fine. Can get black as well but I cheated and got black caps, worked out a lot cheaper, not got lockers yet though. Not sure on size needed for brake clearance but sure someone will confirm. Could use search or Google, bound to have been spoken about.

Thanks for all that :-)

I have searched about brembos but everyone is using the seat brembos an IVE got the bigger ones with 330mm discs ive done a test for an def need spacer I was thinking 5mm but people with the seat brembos some say 5mm an some say 10mm.

I wanna order the right size so would be grateful for the advice :-)

330mm ?

Hmmmm...... Most use the 323 disc, that mite be why they say bigger

Hi mate

I've ordered the 5mm see how I get on with them should be all good :-)

Yeah I've got the Alfa Romeo 330mm discs then had the PCD machined.

Can I get away with spacers just on the front or do I need to do the rear too?

Thanks