Octavia 4x4 Haldex Fault Internal Memory module

benh78

Scanning my ovtavia estate 4x4 with vag.com it's got a fault on the awd section for haldex saying internal memory module fault which I can't clear as vag.com can't communicate with the module. Searching the web the only way to resolve the fault is to change the haldex controller. Thanks to all the wintry weather I know the 4wd is working so is there any urgent reason for swapping the haldex?

Ideally I wanted to swap for a performance controller like the blue but they are rare and go for money out of my budget. If they ever ship I might try a standard controller with the new hpa Motorsport haldex control module that lets you change a standard controller to blue performance etc via a touch screen although still pretty expensive.

Error 65535 ?

65535 indicates that the software cannot access, or is returned an enexpected value from the fault buffer of the relevant control module

65535 is the maximum value that an ODB fault buffer can hold

If so, could be your ODB lead

Less likely if a genuine ross-tech lead, but not impossible

Worth checking haldex plug connector for damage, and ground lead to haldex too

A replacement controller may be the ultimate answer

The new HPA unit is shipping, and 'replaces' both Blue and Competition controllers, but requires a working controller in place

The HPA unit is also shipping wthout any prior testing, so the first users are guinea pigs

Great advice as always I'll assume it's my cheap lead as its all working as it should I'll leave it for now but I'll check the cabling / connector on the haldex.

I think those who have ordered the hpa kit have figured out they are beta tester but it'll be an interesting piece of kit if it ever ships in volume and works as described.