Mileage Milestones

Doesn't take much these days to rack up that kind of mileage (and not be a cabbie).

I do about 17,000 a year just driving between home and the office. Add in some social use of the car (going to things, shopping, visiting friends and family, the occasional weekend away etc) and I'm doing about 22-23,000 a year. Thankfully, that all changes in 2 weeks time. We are closing the Hampshire office and I'm moving to Westminster, so no more driving to work (and back on the Tube everyday after a 7 year break). It will remove 17,000 a year of wear and tear from the car though.

That said, my 1.2TSI Spacebacuk is now 18 months old (9 months of those are mine) and has done 17,500 miles (11,000 miles of those are mine).

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Doesn't take much these days to rack up that kind of mileage (and not be a cabbie).

I do about 17,000 a year just driving between home and the office. Add in some social use of the car (going to things, shopping, visiting friends and family, the occasional weekend away etc) and I'm doing about 22-23,000 a year. Thankfully, that all changes in 2 weeks time. We are closing the Hampshire office and I'm moving to Westminster, so no more driving to work (and back on the Tube everyday after a 7 year break). It will remove 17,000 a year of wear and tear from the car though.

That said, my 1.2TSI Spacebacuk is now 18 months old (9 months of those are mine) and has done 17,500 miles (11,000 miles of those are mine).

Mine is just an ornament on my newly laid loose stone parking place, it sinks in from just standing there. 3.6k miles in 9 months. :D  I must get out more B) 

New 25 mile commute averaging only 44.5 in hot weather due to twistier roads and more junctions than the old 25 mile one which got about 48.

In winter that'll be down to 40 I should think.

All things considered, 44.5 isn't bad on a twisty road with the AC going.

Took the Fabia Combi to the office today as I needed the bigger boot to load up with stuff I'm taking home from the office (we hand back the office keys next Friday). 80 mile round trip between my house and the office, AC going full and hitting a lot of m25 traffic on the way home) used about an 8th of a tank in the little 1.2 HTP. Frugal, but a completely gutless drive compared to the 1.2 TSI.

We are not tracking fill-ups on that so can't say exactly what the real mpg was.

• 3 months later...

Couldn't catch it bang on as I was driving to High Wycombe last night, but the car rolled over to 20k.

That's 14,000 miles under my ownership in 13 months. Also means I need a service 2 months early. At least Skoda UK is picking up the bill for the service as part of their apology for lying to me over the rear door water retention issue my car had.

76cc736b0266147499ee41cdbf076c65.jpg

Bought the Sport in December 2014 - fairly normal mileage through a very good mix of urban, extra urban at around 70ish and dualer at 80ish. I don't hang around but do drive progressively.

I get 40 mpg brim to brim normally. Has been 36 and has also been above 42.

I don't consider that bad at all given that I was getting 38-40mpg from the 140 cr 4x4 yeti TdF

post-17771-0-70042100-1446416743_thumb.jpeg

I know mine is no longer here but I'm getting 47mpg out of a 1.6vvt twin cam with lots of spirited driving. This was in the first week of me owning the Swift.

e6321f962b6f1b0998239effb0382508.jpg

Now on 2800 miles and getting mid 50,s which really puts the Rapid to shame. There is a 5% difference to actual but brim to brim it's a calculated 46mpg on one tank full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Rapid 1.4 TSI DSG is now averaging 49mpg at 70mph on runs between Perth and Bathgate (50miles)

I think well pleased. :clap:  given that its very nippy when wanted  :p  and thrifty :sun: when required,,, no qualms

My toledo 1.6 tdi does about 45 - 47 in towns when I'm working as it's a taxi so spends most of its life in town. Not grumbling as I have 16 inch wheels lol.

Edited by Juego

^^^^ I must get out more.

Just checked my mileage over 14 months (that's how long I've had the car) 4,900 miles.

I'm renewing my insurance, they said it's cheaper the less miles you do, so the price went down. :D

^^^^ I must get out more.

Just checked my mileage over 14 months (that's how long I've had the car) 4,900 miles.

I'm renewing my insurance, they said it's cheaper the less miles you do, so the price went down. :D

Now I'm not doing 70 miles a day between home and the office, my mileage accumulation should slow right down now. My insurance is due for renewal at the end of December, so hoping I can shave a few quid off last year's £250 by going social/domestic only and halving my annual mileage declaration.

^^^^ Got mine down to £223, a small reduction but it all helps. I was more interested in getting my MX-5 insurance cheaper, that has a few mods which can put the price up with some companies. Now both cars are covered for £455 with 6k mileage limit each, reduced excess and a few extras which didn't come with my previous policies.

That's still not a bad price you got Chris for commuting down your way, mine doesn't include that as I don't.

Edited by MickA

Approaching 15k here and fuel consumption has been in decline of late, last f to f only produced 42mpg. Mind I have been doing more short runs into town of late and the car hardly has chance to warm up.

Also just switched to winter tyres, this year I'm trying Nokian WR A3's in the cars standard tyre size of 215/40 R17 87V on the original factory Camalot alloys, having last year used 185/60 R15's; this I've given to my lad for his Ibiza.

TP

Approaching 15k here and fuel consumption has been in decline of late, last f to f only produced 42mpg. Mind I have been doing more short runs into town of late and the car hardly has chance to warm up.

I'm in a similar boat. Refuelled this evening - tank to tank was only 39mpg. Like you, it's been all short journeys with no real time to warm up.

• 1 month later...

Creeping up slowly:

2880900979628c8b281c4fe88c7578da.jpg

Also, now with navigation enabled on Maxidot:

a446971b44c476122d10db24dbe12f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• 6 months later...

I missed the chance to takes snap of 25,000 miles - but my passenger was able to catch a snap of this the other day

3ad943a3bd78dc61f1ab0d57272ea79e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

managed to catch this today:

IMAG0047_1_zpsnkgglhym.jpg

Over 40 mpg over the ~3k miles I've owned it. Seems a step-up from the 2013 hatchback it replaced (with the exception of boot space!).

Edited by pinkpanther