vRS seats. What are they worth?

Mine will be up for sale by the end of the week.

Currently they are stripped down and going through the washing machine.

Only one small mark where my mate dropped his fag. It's very small. Never bothered me.

No rips tears. Drivers and passengers foam is slightly worn on the base but not as bad as others I've seen.

Passenger side has the pocket. But it's broken so will need swapping over.

So what do we think price wise.

Sadly not much, £150 if in really good condition iirc

Thought as much! Looked on eBay earlier. Was a set been relisted a few times. Started at £200 now they are at £180 I think. He's not going to shift them.

• Like 1

To be fair they aren't bad on bolster though (have you seen the new rapid seats....look like washboards) its only the design and for christ sakes, what effort would it take to rip the covers off and put black dye to just make them black?

They are definitely better than classic seats etc and there are a fair amount of cars with those about.

For all the neg the seats get they really aren't as bad as they are reported, would have been nice to have more sporty car by default but I guess that also may help explain the lower insurance etc so you can't always have your cake and eat it.

I honestly don't understand those that orgasm on here about the sport seats and yet so neg about the vrs seats, at the end of the day they are just fabia vrs seats that are black for the most part. And a bit of your time and a bucket of black dye would get you more or less the same!

• Like 1

It's not the seat. It's the colour and how they attract dirt and water marks.

drove me crazy.

I still have Vrs seats but the covers are from a mk2 monte and I love em.

Edited by Adam_
  • Like 1

Adam, wil mk2 Monte Clarlo seat covers fit direct without modification?

No. It's a good weekend and a half job.

you need to make your own metal work and cut the foam in places.

but doable by a novice as proven by me.

It's not the seat. It's the colour and how they attract dirt and water marks.

drove me crazy.

I still have Vrs seats but the covers are from a mk2 monte and I love em.

I would love to have experimented with dye on the covers though, my point being people make such a fuss about how cr@p the seats are but if its just the colours, why isn't this pikey mod more common ! I'd have tried it if I hadn't already got the Golf Recaros....

• 3 weeks later...

How easy is it to take the covers off? Mine could do with going through the washing machine, never realised this could be done!

The rears are dead simple. The covers fold over the metal frame and the uprights are clipped in around the edges.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/154853-fabia-vrs-seat-cover-removal/

That's the guide I followed to do the front seats. I would advise hand washing them first in the bath.

Hope this helps you.