Contents of the boot 2014 L&K

Goofy

I've had my ex demo 2014 170 4x4 L&K for 24 hours now. I've just had a look around this evening as I've fitted my boot liner I managed to blag from the dealer.

I've noticed that there are a number of straps open where I imagine a warning triangle should live and a number of blank cut outs in the polystyrene block in the spare wheel well where again a number of items (towing eye, screwdriver, spanner, Jack etc) should go.

Before I go back to the dealer and demand they be replaced, should they be there in the first place ? I only ask as I had to go back today to get a missing user manual and cigarette lighter replaced. I have a feeling that either the bits have been 'misplaced' while out on unaccompanied test drives or have been removed from said locations by the salesman that was driving the car to avoid them going missing.

Just thought I'd ask to see if they should be there.

On a brighter note, I found a detachable towbar in the boot so not all bad. :)

Thanks guys.

I dont have a spare wheel. Just the temporary kit and mini compressor so wasn't expecting a jack. But the other bits seem obvious. I'll pop back to the dealers today. (Good job they are 1/4 mile from work lol)

P's. Got a black padded pouch with hi - vis, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, torch and gloves in the boot already.

I've asked the dealer and he said the rtowing eye is an optional extra. I've not looked for the other stuff. I'll have a look when I get out of the office.

I searched my boot for the wheel nut socket and decorative sleeve remover,

no sign of them, I asked on this forum for a clue and defo not present.

I took the car back to the dealer and they "found them"

I do find their s/h car policy a little cavalier especially as we had toured Norfolk

with no way of getting a wheel off :dull:

I'll be banging on the door tomorrow lunch time. Good job the dealers is 800 yards down the road from work.

I thought I hadn't got a towing eye with my car when I collected it in November.

There is a towing eye shaped cutout in the polystyrene that was empty however it doesn't appear to live there.

There is another home for it down by the compressor and that's where I found mine so check well before you ask the dealer.

That's ridiculous. How can a towing eye possibly be 'an optional extra' ?! I wouldn't be using that dealer again, that's for sure - no matter how convenient they are!

Hey goofy, are you sure the dealer wasn't talking about the towing ball for e.g. caravans as opposed to the eye for towing a broken down ( it shouldn't happen to a Yeti!) vehicle? Towing eye-standard, tow ball-extra!

There is a shape in the polystyrene for a towing attachment BALL. I have removed the polystyrene part to give more storage under the boot floor for 'hi-fizz' jackets!

I have a tow ball and electrics. They came fitted to the car which is lucky as I bought it to tow my caravan. I'm lucky as it was a demo it's fully loaded with all the extras. :)

I'm lucky as it was a demo it's fully loaded with all the extras. :)

Well obviously not quite fully loaded as you do not have the spare wheel  :D

FWIW this is the contents from our 2014 L&K (c/w spare wheel)

IMG_0685_zpsccd5881d.jpg

1 = Tweezers for removing wheel bolt protective caps

2 = Torx key for rear light etc removal

3 = Wheel bolt cap removal tool - not used for several years so I am unsure why they still supply it

4 = Towing eye

5 = Locking wheel bolt removal socket

6 = Screw driver

7 = Jack

All the other storage trays are come empty.