Going in dealer to tweak my monte

ang9444

Hi,

I saw that some people on here have gone to their dealer and tweaked thier car so they can unlock the whole car with one press of the unlock button instead of two. They're going to charge me £20 and said if i need anything else done that they can do that all at once without charging me another £20 so i was wondering what else is worth tweaking that i don't know about or haven't thought about?

Thanks

Yeah. I've had this. Its a lot better IMO.

Also so car locks at 7mph and doesnt unlock until key is taken out of ignition.

Needlesweep is cool. Just one of those little things that make you smile sometimes lol.

Hmm. Steering weight can be changed.

Big mph readout if youve got maxidot, but i dont think dealers will do that one because it needs to be put into Australian mode i think.

Okay i'll do the 7mph one, also interested in this needlesweep? Is that when it goes all the way round when you start the car? Is it available to do on my monte which is non vrs or is it only on the vrs?

Cheers

I made mine beep when I lock and unlock the doors :)

I change XDS settings for the track too.... but I don't think you have that on the monte.... you can change brake feel and steering lightnes though if you wish...

Edited by sharkrider

Okay i'll do the 7mph one, also interested in this needlesweep? Is that when it goes all the way round when you start the car? Is it available to do on my monte which is non vrs or is it only on the vrs?

Cheers

I think its 7mph. Might be 8 ;) haha.

Yeah thats the one. Yeah any fabia mk2 facelift can do it i think. Mines an SE and does it, n the guys mrs who did mine had a basic 's' model. No electric windows, mirrors or anything like that, n his did it too.

The double press to unlock my car really did my head in. Fortunately my previous Fabia had the single press and self locking doors on drive away so I knew it's benefits and quickly had my new car changed to single press operation.

Got to admit I didn't know about needle sweep and wonder what the purpose of that is. Is it simply cosmetic?.

The double press to unlock my car really did my head in. Fortunately my previous Fabia had the single press and self locking doors on drive away so I knew it's benefits and quickly had my new car changed to single press operation.

Got to admit I didn't know about needle sweep and wonder what the purpose of that is. Is it simply cosmetic?.

Just looks cool mate yeah.

The rev and speed needles just nip all the way round n back when you first turn ignition on

Hi,

I saw that some people on here have gone to their dealer and tweaked thier car so they can unlock the whole car with one press of the unlock button instead of two. They're going to charge me £20 and said if i need anything else done that they can do that all at once without charging me another £20 so i was wondering what else is worth tweaking that i don't know about or haven't thought about?

Thanks

Save your self  £20 and seek out a local member with a VCDS, most dealers don't know what there talking about or even know what can/cannot be activated.

I had loads done on my Vrs by a member for the price of a bottle of red

• Like 1

I did the needle sweep on my Monte and the anti hijack locking (locks at 7mph) and single press unlock and tear drop wipe front and rear and chirp of alarm on lock/Unlock.

You can get the indicators to flash up to 5 times when you tap the stalk instead of the 3 flashes it's set too. Big speedo won't be done by dealer as there is no kph marker on the speedo.

Did you buy the car new? These should all of been offered to you foc as part of the pdi and set up. Make a little call to SUK and see if they will ask the dealer to waiver the charge.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yanno when the front wipers are on on and put it in reverse, mine automatically does a wipe of the back window.

Can that be deactivated?

Hate it. All it does is makes a horrible noise as it pulls the wiper through the road grime and smears the mess. Plus im used to driving vans, so i dont even use my middle mirror when reversing

Windscreen's almost dry then you get a smear when the last single wipe sweeps over as there's hardly any water left

After youve sprayed the screen wash and the wipers have stopped wiping.. Theres a slight delay thrn it does one more wipe.

The idea is to get rid of any last bits. But i dont rate it tbh

• Like 2

&1 to the smear. If I get plugged in again I will turn it off. I often find myself giving the screen another sweep straight after the initial finish to cancel out the teardrop.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks.

Does anyone find that when you spray water on the windows there is a delay before the wipers start? Although only maybe 1 or 2 seconds of delay I'm still struggling to see whilst I'm waiting for it to start.

Edited by tattyjay

Hi where can I get these tweaks done I'm in Bedworth near Coventry like the sound of the one touch opening, as for the sweeping needles that's a definite, totally pointless but very cool. Phil.

Hi where can I get these tweaks done I'm in Bedworth near Coventry like the sound of the one touch opening, as for the sweeping needles that's a definite, totally pointless but very cool. Phil.

You can either find a local active member off here with vcds, and message them. Maybe chucking in some beer tokens

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

Or find a local tuning company with vcds thatll sort it for you.

You can use a dealer, but they dont seem to know whats possible tbh

Edited by Otaylor38